Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanna-be roadster owner San Fran bay area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Bonnie

Actually I'm tending toward one that has higher miles, 2010 or newer. I want it to be a replacement for a current leased EV which gets a lot of commute duty and is nice enough but boring :)

I don't want one so pristine that I'm afraid to drive it :)

Hello, and welcome.

Just curious, what type of EV are you leasing? What type of commute do you have? When is your lease up?

eBay, Autotrader and here are the places I can think of to look for a Roadster. Anywhere else? You live in a good area to find one.

My EV is stylish but decided non-roadster, a Fiat 500e. Hard to beat the cost of them, so near free

I have been poking around various site, cargurus has a number of them but not just the one for me yet - I know, not like I'm gonna find a lot full of them.. I'm hoping some amount of patience is a virtue here

BTW we also have a 3 is reserve, but aside from the current Fiat nearly every car I have owned has been some kind of drop top/convertible and I want back in..

I haven't had a chance to try a 500e, but they do sound like fun little cars - and the deals are phenomenal. But yeah, no competition for the Roadster.

Almost any car is more practical than the Roadster. The Model S has many benefits - AWD, autopilot, more room, more safety, 17" screen, etc. But a top-off Roadster, with that incredible steering feel, and it's missing 2,000lbs compared to the Model S...ah. So much fun to drive. Have you driven one?

It doesn't sound like you need convincing, but HERE is a thread about "should you buy a Tesla". And HERE is a thread comparing the Roadster to a Model S. (Sorry, I don't know of a thread comparing it to a 500e).