TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Want a free Model 3?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Sharkbait, May 19, 2016.

1. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Member

So a small North Carolina company that makes scientific instruments is looking for 10 new employees, who will also get a free company-leased M3. When the CEO put his order in for 10 vehicles, I wonder if they cut him back to one car? Hmmm, scientific instruments. Interesting.

Raleigh company offers a Tesla for every employee

Company web site here:

https://www.practichem.com

2. david_42

david_42 Member

Difficulty: must move to North Carolina and have your birth certificate with you whenever you go to the bathroom.

• Funny x 10
  3. JeffK

JeffK Active Member

4. ndemarco

ndemarco New Member

What can I say? Practichem has gender neutral bathrooms. Every NC blueberry *and* raspberry who expressed in the state considers HB2 stupid. So do I. Please don't hang the entire state for this.

Naw I gotta go clean my gun for varmit huntin' tomore mornin'.

• Funny x 3
  5. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Member

I don't believe the CEO still has 10 reservations, now that the reservations have been culled back to a max of 2. But even if he did, these new employees would have to wait 18 months for delivery of their company car. It's going to take the CEO several years to fulfill his promise to all the current and new employees.

That said, I think it's a creative idea to attract talent and attention.

6. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

Not hard to get 2 in his name, 2 in his wife's name, 2 in the COO's name, 2 in the COO's husband/wife's name, rinse, repeat.

At least until they open up fleet sales/reservations.

7. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Member

The article said that 15 existing staff would also get M3s. That would be 25 vehicles in all. Assuming this guy has a chance of getting 25 vehicles at one time, it's a good way to attractive staff now, try them out, then fire the ones that aren't working out before the cars arrive.

8. SOLARUSA

SOLARUSA Member

One has to give this guy credit for having a knack at manipulating the media. He drove far more eyeballs to his site with this ploy than any headhunters could. Well played Mr. Demarco, if you ever decide to start a marketing company, I want to invest.

• Like x 1