TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Want a new Tesla? You can have one today.

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Mike K, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Mike K

Mike K Member

I took delivery of my P85D in Burbank last night. Typically Burbank has a few loaners up front as well as a few customer cars but plenty of open parking. When I pulled in last night there was a single open space. The front of the store was lined with brand new cars as were the rest of the parking spaces, all of them with transportation wrap still in place.

The gals there told me they were inventory cars and that they were having a sales event so that if anyone wanted a Model S they could literally walk in and drive away with one, kind of like what we're used to with traditional dealers.

I'm not sure how well this bodes for demand as if there are now loads of brand new inventory cars clogging up the showrooms that seems to indicate that supply has caught up with demand or demand has slowed. It was an interesting site nonetheless. Has anyone else noticed this at their local showroom?

• Informative x 3
  2. Nick B

Nick B Member

At my tesla center it is the same situation. They basically told me they're selling the older models (older front bumper) at a rebate to make space for the newer facelifted model s. And to think that 6 months ago they told me they almost never have inventory cars. I think you might be right regarding supply now = to demand.

3. PtG62901

PtG62901 Member

Or the factory is turning out more cars?

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. Ormond

Ormond Member

The 3rd Quarter numbers must be really important to the company. I think Tesla increased production.

• Like x 1
  5. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Active Member

I saw a post over on Reddit where a guy got a brand new inventory 75 (<50 miles on the ODO) for the price of a 60. Wonder if we will eventually need to start haggling when buying a Tesla to make sure to get the best deal. (Considering they were also waiving the destination fee for some folks a few weeks ago)

6. tls

tls Member

Well, if they have X production straightened out, it'd make sense they can keep up with the S demand, no? Some of the demand for the S the past two years surely came from people who were buying in lieu of an X.

I wonder what the total annual sales of passenger vehicles > $100K in the US are.

7. PtG62901

PtG62901 Member

You can google luxury sedan sales easily enough. There are far more sales of Lux SUV's then Sedans at this point in the marketplace.