Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want a USED Tesla Wall Connector With 8.5 ft Cable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I truly don't need the Tesla Wall Connector itself. What I want is the 8.5 ft cable that comes with it.

So if the wall connector apparatus is in bad shape, as long as the 8.5 ft cable is in good shape, I would be interested to buy it from you.

Len Jacobson

No, I'm sorry, but that's not what I can do. That's really a shame, as that would have been ideal.

I wanted the 8.5 ft cable so that I can attach a regular 240V plug at the end of the cable and use it to charge my car from the 240V wall outlet. However, my son (much more knowledgeable than I) told me last night that doing that will not work for me. He said there is "intelligence" embedded in the charge cables that you buy from Tesla that are not in the cable that comes with the Wall Connector (because that "intelligence" is built into the Wall Connector itself).

Regarding your problem, Tesla used to sell replacement parts for the Tesla Wall Connector, but they have stopped doing that.

I suggest that you put out your own message on this forum and ask if someone wants to do a switch of cables. I'll bet you'll find someone.

Thank you for your response. Last evening, my son told me exactly what you just said -- it won't work. (See my response to CoolCola, two messages about this one that I am preparing now.)

The "cable" is visibly more than just a cable. You can see on the one end that there is a box that has circuits. It does not transform the power, but it turns it on/off and communicates with the car.

There is nothing secretly embedded in the cable, and the "Universal Mobile Connector (UMC)" never should be called a cable. It has a cable attached to it.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC