Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want an Dash Button to activate Siri

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does for me too, but it requires you to take your phone out of your pocket or bag and put it out in front of you.

I need something that can trigger the “Hey Siri” when the device is placed in a non active listening environment.

I’m in the habit of always taking my phone out and putting it on the wireless charger. That’s the beauty of wireless mat vs. dock. Makes it so easy to plop it down and grab on your way out of the car.

They don't necessarily need to add a new button, just overload the right scroll wheel press like BMW already does; If you press it normally it activates the car's voice input, but if you hold it down it activates Siri over BT. I'd guess the same activation process could be set up to work with Android too.

In my experience, this solved the problem entirely and I never had to rely on saying "Hey Siri" in my BMW.

Reactions: sparkz and TT97
Sorry for reviving this old thread, but I'm looking for a similar solution... Has anyone cracked the case yet?

They don't necessarily need to add a new button, just overload the right scroll wheel press like BMW already does; If you press it normally it activates the car's voice input, but if you hold it down it activates Siri over BT. I'd guess the same activation process could be set up to work with Android too.

In my experience, this solved the problem entirely and I never had to rely on saying "Hey Siri" in my BMW.

Exactly, one of the (very few) things I miss from my BMW.