Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want MX owner near Orange County, CA to show their MX please.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our EV Gathering happens twice a month, once in Cerritos, and once in
Santa Ana. We have been Gathering for breakfast for over 5 years, since
the first of us were hoping to order the first mass production EV. It soon
became a Gathering of LEAFs, and EV-interested kind-hearted good folks.

Currently, we typically have Tesla Ss, a BMW i3, some Rav4EVs, some LEAFs,
and occasionally an iMev, a Coda, and even a Volt that appear in the parking lot.

We would love to have a visitation by a Tesla Model X.

I had the great pleasure of seeing a brand new, brilliant sparkling red MX last week
on Wednesday at the SuC in Burbank, just delivered to the owner the day before.
The very kind owner apologized as he sat in the driver's seat that he did not yet know
how to open the gullwing doors. I gently touched the nearby rear handle, and ...
presto, the magnificent double-jointed door opened smoothly, yet seemingly powerfully.

Our breakfast begins at 8 AM, though some arrive later, and many stay until at least
11 AM, sometimes until noon or even later. Our next Gathering is this coming
Saturday, the 9th of January, 2016, at the Hometown Buffet on South Street,
just 2 blocks East of the 605 freeway. Two weeks later, we meet in Santa Ana,
on 17th Street, 2 blocks East of the I-5 freeway.

All of us would love to meet you, chat, and see your magnificant Model X.
If interested, please PM me and we can arrange the details, or just chat.
Thanks, Gary (in Laguna Hills)

Last edited:
Hey Gary - It's your neighbor here, other side of the freeway! If no one else raises a hand - maybe we can oblige you down the road. Seems we got our configuration email a couple of days ago. Just a matter of time now. Say helo to the Misses for us

Configuration ... if you do it quickly, then just a couple of months?....... snip...... .
it's not how fast you configure - rather how loaded you configure. Maybe less than a couple months if you throw in everything but the kitchen sink. Conversely, go bare bones & it may be towards the end of the year. We're doing a mid level .... titanium metalic paint - air suspension - mid level interior trims etc. So it's likely mid level delivery time line too.
Bio hazard & its accompanying trim (self opening door LED interior trim accent lighting etc) are great as are the $4K priced rims - towing package etc, but those wont happen in our budget.

Last edited:
I know there's at least one owner (south county beach city) because "she-who-must-be-obeyed" & I;

deliveries.png

crashed a delivery celebration last weekend, at the Costa Mesa service center. 4 X's were delivered on the last day of the year (maybe perfect for business purposes!). We spoke with several of the ecstatic owners. That's how we learned there are definitely some near-by owners already here.
With our mid-level options - best
guess for our delivery - maybe by july?

Last edited:
DocZ,
Sorry, I do not have their contact info, but I gave them mine,
so maybe they will email, or maybe not.

With or without your EV, any kind-hearted folks, famlies, friends ...
interested in EV or related issues ... are welcome at our EV Gathering.

In Cerritos on January 9th, and in Santa Ana on January 23rd.

Going to have to skip the next one on the 9th. It's been awhile and I sure miss those pancakes and waffles!

Model X is being detailed and the OC Tesla group is planning a meeting on the morning of the 23rd in nearby Anaheim. I'll know more details later or maybe a quick visit before breakfast might be doable. The early bird gets to see the Model X.

That sounds best if all goes as planned, just don't scratch those shiny black seat backs before the OC Tesla group sees it!

I just looked at the OC Tesla Group, and there is no indication of
their coming-event planning. Oh well, sorry that there is a conflict,
since I would like to attend both our EV Gathering and their event.

However, even a short 15 minute visitation, with look but no getting in,
and seeing the gullwing door operate ... would be great.

Or, we could have a Special EV Gathering on the 16th of January at
the HTB on 17th Street in Santa Ana, just to see your MX and chat.
Or, something else to better fit your schedule?

Mark Z,
The OC Tesla Group meets in Anaheim at 9:30, so you could show off to us
in Santa Ana from 8:30 to 9, and still have plenty if time to get to Anaheim.

If you want to eat breakfast, you might want to arrive at 8 AM when
Hometown Buffet opens. I plan to be there slightly before 8, along
with another Tesla S owner. HTB is just 2 blocks East of I-5, on 17th St.

I could bring two cones to save a double parking spot for you, surrounded
by our other EVs. No need to let people actually enter your car, at least
until it is devirginized. Getting up close, seeing the Gullwing doors operate,
and looking inside would be enough for us, and still quite a treat.

PM me if such a plan works for you.
Thanks, Gary

Mark Z,
Thanks for arranging your schedule to visit us...
Thanks to Glistening Perfection and Tesla Motors for working their schedules so the car will be available. Detailing, paint correction and clear bra application was completed today after 11 days. Another visit is needed in two weeks for clear bra inspection and correction. Tesla Motors wants to schedule repairs during the weekdays. Not all will be completed, so it will be "pot luck" on the vehicle features that can be demonstrated.

Thankfully I had an extra smart phone at home. Left the phone in the car and with the key fobs not working, big mistake. Something to remember if this ever happens again while away from home! Shouldn't be too serious, the Tesla App could be installed on a stranger's phone to unlock if in a cellular area. Just make sure to delete that app!

Mark Z,
Thanks for arranging your schedule to visit us at Hometown Buffet
from 8 to 9 to allow us to view your beautiful Signature Red Model X.
We appreciate your extra efforts.
Sincerely, Gary ... CU at 8 a week from tomorrow.
Looks like Tesla finally got a few test ride vehicles available - our test ride is 3pm on Feb12.
Woo-hoo ! ! Can hardly wait ! !