Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want My Truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It took me a bit over 12 hours before I placed my order. I love my S, but at my age it is getting harder to
fall in the S, and then climb out. The X is too expensive, and what I need is an SUV / Pickup crossover,
exactly what the CyberTruck does. Now, all you who ordered need to be vocal. “WE WANT OUR TRUCK”.
My approach to Tesla is; 250,000 orders (they will sell many more) at an average price of $50,000 adds
up to a retail $12,500,000,000. THATS TWELVE AND A HALF BILLION DOLLARS. That should be more
than enough motivation to speed up production. “I want mine in Spring 2021”!!! Go Elon!!!

Honestly, that's not a big deal for Tesla. The Model 3 had over twice the number of reservations and still took two years.
Plus, Elon (and company) seem to be taking an engineering approach to building cars (because you can't build cars with a sales team) It just takes so long for a car to be designed, tested, production built and cars coming off the line.
The Model Y is going to come in possibly a little earlier than 2 years, but then again, it's mostly a Model 3.
The CyberTruck is, well, not like anything else. Remember the Model X? Those gull winged doors took forever to get right.

Honestly, that's not a big deal for Tesla. The Model 3 had over twice the number of reservations and still took two years.
Plus, Elon (and company) seem to be taking an engineering approach to building cars (because you can't build cars with a sales team) It just takes so long for a car to be designed, tested, production built and cars coming off the line.
The Model Y is going to come in possibly a little earlier than 2 years, but then again, it's mostly a Model 3.
The CyberTruck is, well, not like anything else. Remember the Model X? Those gull winged doors took forever to get right.

Fully understand what you’re saying. With the Y, the Roadster, and the Semi, Tesla has a lot on li’s calendar. The CyberTruck and it’s construction method could well be a
game changer for vehicle construction methodology, i.e. doing away with the separate
frame and body used since day one on cars and trucks. I’m sure they are engineering
the heck out of it. I just want my truck. I’m already planning my add-ons.

Reactions: Phlier
It took me a bit over 12 hours before I placed my order. I love my S, but at my age it is getting harder to
fall in the S, and then climb out. The X is too expensive, and what I need is an SUV / Pickup crossover,
exactly what the CyberTruck does. Now, all you who ordered need to be vocal. “WE WANT OUR TRUCK”.
My approach to Tesla is; 250,000 orders (they will sell many more) at an average price of $50,000 adds
up to a retail $12,500,000,000. THATS TWELVE AND A HALF BILLION DOLLARS. That should be more
than enough motivation to speed up production. “I want mine in Spring 2021”!!! Go Elon!!!

if you need something quicker, you might want to get a Model Y. It is close in size to a Model X

Those gull winged doors are exactly the reason why we're looking at CyberTruck when an SUV is the better choice for our family. We just don't want those doors. I was hoping Elon's "oh, and one more thing" at the CT event was going to be a CT SUV variant... but instead we got an electric ATV... *sigh*

We all anxiously await our truck. Don't despair if you think there are 300,000 reservations ahead of you. When I ordered my 3 their were at least 75,000 before me. Also, Tesla allowed all current owners to jump the line. I ordered as soon as the order page permitted. My serial number is in the 19,000 range. Model 3 reservations were $1,000. Many CyberTruck $100 reservation holders will wait or even walk away. Many live outside of the initial delivery area. Some will wait for the base model. Once volume deliveries start your time will quickly arrive. Or so I hope!

We all anxiously await our truck. Don't despair if you think there are 300,000 reservations ahead of you. When I ordered my 3 their were at least 75,000 before me. Also, Tesla allowed all current owners to jump the line. I ordered as soon as the order page permitted. My serial number is in the 19,000 range. Model 3 reservations were $1,000. Many CyberTruck $100 reservation holders will wait or even walk away. Many live outside of the initial delivery area. Some will wait for the base model. Once volume deliveries start your time will quickly arrive. Or so I hope!

I have to take exception to "allowed all owners to jump the line"
The "line" was indeed implemented. The only caveat was that dependent on the version of the car that you ordered, you may have had to wait. The only car available for the first 6 months was the LR RWD. It you wanted anything else, you had to wait. So, there were many folks who went ahead of the AWD or Performance vehicles.
Also, current Tesla owners were given priority.