Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want recommendation for floor mats and sunshade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the car a week ago and it did not have come with option for floor mats so I would like to have some decent quality ones. I’ve had weather tech before in another vehicle and didn’t care for it mainly because when you go back to clean them you can never get them to look as black as they were when they were new. But they fit well.

Also looking for a good quality foldable sunshade for the front windshield. In the past I have owned a couple of custom ones sold by autoanything.com and didn’t know if someone has come across something even better

Know you said you weren’t that happy with WeatherTech, but we just were at Costco and saw they had WeatherTech 4-pc set of mats for 29.99 and a rear cargo for 29.99. Both are universal trim to fit. Also saw a front windshield sunshade for 9.99.

Personally for both of our Teslas we went with 3D Maxpider mats and I added a frunk and cargo one for my Model 3. Very happy and love the product but you will be spending more for them. The WeatherTech Costco deal doesn’t sound bad for a quick gotta have something to protect the interior if pricing is more of an issue.

Reactions: puckpurnell
Just got the car a week ago and it did not have come with option for floor mats so I would like to have some decent quality ones. I’ve had weather tech before in another vehicle and didn’t care for it mainly because when you go back to clean them you can never get them to look as black as they were when they were new. But they fit well.

Also looking for a good quality foldable sunshade for the front windshield. In the past I have owned a couple of custom ones sold by autoanything.com and didn’t know if someone has come across something even better
I went with the maxpider 3D and the Tesla shade. Very happy with both

Reactions: puckpurnell

Different color option. I like the contrast stitching.

Diamond Car Mats Black and Red Stitching Luxury Car Mats Set -

I have the max spider car mats.

As far as sunshade goes, I ended up tinting all the windows, including the front window. They have tints now that you can put on your front window that block UV and most of the heat and are clear enough to pass state inspections.

Do you have a trunk mat and a sunroof shade? If you don't and you want them, you can have mine (no charge or anything, I used them a couple of times).

I kept them thinking I may get another Model 3 but I decided not to go that route.

I have the 3D Maxpider mats and are very happy with them. And I have the Tesla sunshade (just the front). I’m happy with that too but on sunny days it still lets some sun in which can be a bit intense. I wish the Model 3 had a sliding cover that could completely block out the sunroof like my Lexus had. Some days in Southern California can be so sunny that I just don’t want that much light in the cabin.

In case you missed the other posts, 3D MAXpider :)

I bought the Tesla mats available on their website. They're fine and, of course, they have the Tesla logo on them. I think if I thought I'd be tracking a ton of snow on my boots into the car I might consider mats with the raised sides that keep water contained, but we don't have that situation where I live.