TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Want Tesla Jr.

Discussion in 'Future Vehicles' started by Gynob001, Oct 22, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Gynob001

Gynob001 Member

I would love to have a junior Tesla S for my retirement.
    Very compact, 2 seater, trunk enough to carry groceries and a couple of 22" suitcases, about 100 Hp equivalent, 0-60 in 8-10 seconds, range of about 500 miles, quiet as a whisper with road noise completely cut off, great sound system, great navigation, voice control, capable of self driving, .....$25K rot 30K?
    It doesn't have to look like a traditional car... and egg or oval shape? Hovering without wheels/tires? 60K?

2. Chuck P85D

Chuck P85D Member

puff puff pass, man. you're holding it too long.

3. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

My thought exactly as I read this!

4. SmartElectric

SmartElectric Active Member

My Smart Electric Drive is a two seater, 55kW peak power, < 9 seconds -> 60mph , range of 70 miles, quiet.
    Current price is $130/month taxes included.
    This little car is a hoot to drive, and many owners admit to turning into hooligans from red light to red light due to it's low weight and high initial acceleration.

You could then buy a $40K used two seater gas car for longer trips.

5. Ampster

Ampster Member

Yep, I have one too. My plate reads TOYTSLA and it will be the compliment to the Tesla that I hope to buy in 2016.

6. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

I don't think such a vehicle will be available until at least 2025.

7. Red Sage

Red Sage The Cybernetic Samurai

Gynob001: Sounds like you want a Fiat 500e or Chevrolet Spark EV with a Tesla Motors logo on it.

8. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

500 miles range was a listed requirement though, and a Spark EV or 500e will be out of power long before then! That and no Supercharger access...

9. Red Sage

Red Sage The Cybernetic Samurai

I'm sure they can make it 500 miles... while being towed behind a Winnebago.

;-)