Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want the new Dual Drive and Autopilot model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm seriously considering selling the 85 I have now for a new one with auto-pilot and dual drive. I've been trying to find some kind of after market of other people selling theirs in the UK to get an idea of re-sale value but I've turned up with almost nothing. Does anyone know of a good place to see how much used Tesla's are going for?

I'm seriously considering selling the 85 I have now for a new one with auto-pilot and dual drive. I've been trying to find some kind of after market of other people selling theirs in the UK to get an idea of re-sale value but I've turned up with almost nothing. Does anyone know of a good place to see how much used Tesla's are going for?

There's simply no data available. I heard that a brand new Model S sold for £14k above its list price back in June when they were just released, but otherwise I have no data.

Since others on here are talking about buying ex-demo cars from TM at the moment maybe you should share the spec on here and ask for offers?

There's simply no data available. I heard that a brand new Model S sold for £14k above its list price back in June when they were just released, but otherwise I have no data.

Since others on here are talking about buying ex-demo cars from TM at the moment maybe you should share the spec on here and ask for offers?

I posted it up on Panjo here but not sure if that's the best place for it. Selling for even £5k above would be nice for a used one :)
Would be interesting to hear what the ex-demo's are going for direct from them.

I posted it up on Panjo here but not sure if that's the best place for it. Selling for even £5k above would be nice for a used one :)

Well the fact that someone sold a new one for £14k above list, during the frenzy of the launch month when there was no way to get one other than ordering and waiting 5 months, doesn't really tell us anything now. Since TM are now rotating their inventory cars your price is likely to be determined by those.

In the US Tesla sell their ex-demo cars at new price minus 1% per month and $1 per mile. However they are currently selling non-autopilot inventory cars at 2% per month and $1 per mile. I don't know what the equivalent formula is in the UK but I bet it's fairly similar.

Assuming you do not have autopilot hardware it seems very unlikely you'd be able to get more than the price implied by this formula.

While I wait for the D delivery late 2015, I went and got one of those Tesla UK cars .. 85P Fully spec'd (From Invoice - Sound studio Pack, Twin Chargers, Pearl White, Cold Weather pack, Lighting pack, Perf Plus Package, Black Leather, Panoramic roof, Security Pack, Air Suspension, Tech Pack, 21 " Grey rims, 4 yr Maintenance pack (incl Unlimited ranger), Serviced and valet'd before pick up).. 4 months old, 4 K on clock .. 11.5k OFF list

Collecting Friday :D