TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Want to add Smart Air Suspension, order already confirmed. Advice?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Adam0617, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Adam0617

Adam0617 Member

I have a Model S 90D on order, confirmed for Feb-Mar delivery. VIN is assigned but production has not started. After doing more research I want to add Smart Air Suspension (SAS) to my configuration. I have emailed my DS and the Tesla sales general email address but no response. Think I will have luck adding at this stage? Any other methods I should try to reach out? Anyone had luck adding options but not being charged $500 fee? Thanks!

For those interested, here's the rest of my options:

2. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

They are pretty strict, I think, about the change fee after the first week after the order. Don't rely on just email, call and text. Visit the appropriate sales location. Sometimes email gets filtered or missed.

3. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

If you want Air, call them and get it changed, even if you have to pay a change fee. My S90D has coils and I now wish I'd sprung for (get it) the air suspension!

The coil ride is tight and sporty but bouncy. If you think you'd prefer air, get it now!

• Like x 1
  4. Magomboman

Magomboman Supporting Member

Can you get the SAS after delivery?

5. Deans

Deans Member

Nope

6. Deans

Deans Member

+1

7. Magomboman

Magomboman Supporting Member

Thanks Deans, that's what I thougjt just wanted to make certain.