Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want to buy: Roadster Tow Hitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess I missed the Tow Hitch that recently showed up for sale.
I have been desperately trying to find a tow hitch to buy or find a place that can make a tow hitch for our Roadsters in LA.

I even ended up getting two tow hitches from Uhaul because they showed it for sale but obviously sent the wrong hitches (no they no longer have the Roadster tow hitch in stick, regardless what the website shows).

Any ideas or suggestions?

No idea if Torklift still sells the one they made a few years ago but it looks like a couple resellers still have them listed for sale:

Torklift x7198 EcoHitch Hidden for Tesla Roadster - 1-1/4"
US $363.99

Torklift Ecohitch Hidden Tesla Roadster 2010-11 1 1/4 in. Receiver
US $476.05

Torklift EcoHitch - Tesla Roadster [1.25 inch] - X7198
US $330.99

A few people installed them with good success as noted here by @dhrivnak, @augkuo, and @Tex EV. There are couple official installation videos for a decade ago for reference at the end of that thread. Note: for US rear license plates on 2.x cars, some needed to notch their plate or install a hinged solution to get the appropriate clearance using the standard mounting position. Let us know how it goes.

• Informative
Reactions: eHorses
etrailer.com just referred me to Torklift.
I really need someone that made them and is willing to make more.
Torklift and Uhaul no longer have the measurements and would need a car to make a new batch.
Curt never responded.
That only leaves the couple of custom ones that were made if anyone has a lead.

For what it's worth, I had an EcoHitch for transporting bikes and removed it after discovering the SeaSucker system. I wanted something that could be used on multiple cars without requiring modification. Was skeptical of the vacuum cups at first, but they work! This is their 2 bike rack (Minibomber) that I modified for one heavy e-bike (55lbs). Just an idea. The whole system was roughly the same cost as the hitch. Only downside was the hardtop had to stay on.
IMG_1402.jpeg

For what it's worth, I had an EcoHitch for transporting bikes and removed it after discovering the SeaSucker system. I wanted something that could be used on multiple cars without requiring modification. Was skeptical of the vacuum cups at first, but they work! This is their 2 bike rack (Minibomber) that I modified for one heavy e-bike (55lbs). Just an idea. The whole system was roughly the same cost as the hitch. Only downside was the hardtop had to stay on.View attachment 845500
Looks very sturdy enough for two bikes. I'll show this to my uncle for his new Roadster project. It's in the shop for the installation of the brake pads and toyo tires, plus the alignment.