TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Want to know if your M3 is in production yet? Without phoning Tesla?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jkirkwood001, Aug 31, 2018.

1. jkirkwood001

jkirkwood001 Member

So I'm not sure if this is widely publicized yet - excuse me if so - but I think I've found out how you can check yourself if your car is in production yet (and has a VIN, and has a Delivery date).

I believe, buried in your account page, is the field indicating if your car is in production yet ( "isProduction":true ):

[​IMG]

This is just a view underneath your own account page, so it's non-volatile (although I found I could edit the code to make checkboxes appear in Overview with a refresh!).

Use these instructions on how to check yours and search for:
    • isProduction
    • VIN (you have to skip through several instances; I don't have a VIN yet, so I'm not positive where / if this will appear)
    • Delivery Appointment at
    • DefaultDateAndTime (to see your delivery date, you may have to copy the very large text field to an external editor (Notepad works), see linked instructions above)
    Hope this helps!

2. shanedn

shanedn Member

I'm pretty sure this is just a flag indicating if the website is in production mode, not the car.

3. shanedn

shanedn Member

And to test my theory, I created a new Tesla account that has no order associated with it and it still had isProduction:true

• Informative x 2
  4. jkirkwood001

jkirkwood001 Member

:(
    Thanks @shanedn. Yeah, someone else suggested the same thing.

But the instruction for finding delivery location (which my DA had phoned me about, and is incorrect on the web page) still stands.

5. jkirkwood001

jkirkwood001 Member

#5 jkirkwood001, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Also, check for VIN just after "showDocuments" field.