Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want to Listen to Audio Books

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Added point for low volume Audible users. I downgraded to the 'pay as you go' plan, which is like $9/year or something like that.. then I just pay full price for any book I want to download. It ends up being a lot cheaper than the 1-credit per month for $15 plan, as I don't listen to that many audiobooks.

What? They charged you even if you are not on a subscription plan? I am pretty sure my audible membership was free and I could buy book if I want anytime and didn't have to pay the $9 per year? Is this something new? BTW, I switched to scribd with unlimited audiobooks for $9 a month. I listen to audiobooks 3 hours a day in my commute so I go thru 2 to 4 books a month. Scribd has a much smaller selection than audible but good enough for me.

You didn't say if you tried adjusting the Bluetooth Media out volume on your phone. I replied this to you on the other thread that you want to check the phone's Bluetooth volume.
I didn't say it because I overlooked that advice (or I saw it and didn't understand what people meant).

Your latest explanation is very clear and even a 4th grader (or, in my case, a full-grown adult) could understand what you're saying: there is a separate Bluetooth volume on my phone that goes into the mix. Got it.

And... of course this was the problem, and it now works. Sigh...

Gratitude to all who helped out. I can now listen to books in my car. :)

Reactions: twm01 and Need
Added point for low volume Audible users. I downgraded to the 'pay as you go' plan, which is like $9/year or something like that.. then I just pay full price for any book I want to download. It ends up being a lot cheaper than the 1-credit per month for $15 plan, as I don't listen to that many audiobooks.
I have also been on the Audible "Light" plan — $9.95/year — for many years. Light members get access to occasional sales as well as the deal of the day.

A way to sometimes pick up inexpensive books from Audible is to buy the Kindle book first, after which the Audible version is discounted. That often adds up to less than paying the regular price. For classics the Kindle book might be as little as a dollar and the Audible a couple of dollars more as an add-on. I'm a heavy audio book user and typically listen to 50-60 books a year, mostly on long walks, bike rides or while doing chores, as well as on long road trips.

I didn't say it because I overlooked that advice (or I saw it and didn't understand what people meant).

Your latest explanation is very clear and even a 4th grader (or, in my case, a full-grown adult) could understand what you're saying: there is a separate Bluetooth volume on my phone that goes into the mix. Got it.

And... of course this was the problem, and it now works. Sigh...

Gratitude to all who helped out. I can now listen to books in my car. :)
What are trying to do here, launch rockets?