Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Want to remove the Model Y emblems?...Think again.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone did it!!!

FB_IMG_1585404315379.jpg
FB_IMG_1585404317640.jpg

If you technically wrap the Suntek PPF all over the rear hatchback (I usually get the rear bumper/trunk area done by default), then you could apply a small piece of color specific (teslas paint are usually hard to match vinyl wise) vinyl underneath first, not a professional but I'm sure there is a work around

Double sided tape does not let water pass through.

Those two holes can be plugged with tiny plastic grommets that look almost flush AND are color matching to OEM paint.
Business idea.

It's actually a good idea to have those holes as it speeds up assembly a LOT.

Good lord, this is an utter cluster f*** of a failure by Tesla. My Model Y is in for a wrap and ceramic right now, the shop has found that the Y now requires a new emblem since you can't just debadge.

The parts option from the phone tree sends you to a group that will not answer and the mail box is full. I literally have no way to order the replacement emblem from Tesla and I can't drive around with holes in the hood.

Good lord, this is an utter cluster f*** of a failure by Tesla. My Model Y is in for a wrap and ceramic right now, the shop has found that the Y now requires a new emblem since you can't just debadge.

The parts option from the phone tree sends you to a group that will not answer and the mail box is full. I literally have no way to order the replacement emblem from Tesla and I can't drive around with holes in the hood.

Quickest way is probably going to be to order online from somewhere. I used RPM Tesla.

Side note...this might look awkward as hell but you could have the installer ppf over the holes until you get the emblems shipped to you.