Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Want to remove the Model Y emblems?...Think again.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have a part number for a Model Y Frunk emblem? I need a new one after the original one wasn’t able to be put back on after having PPF put on. I cannot reach anyone at the local Tesla Service Center. I don’t know if they have them in stock or I need to order but don’t want to drive there if they don’t have them in stock. If I can order it online that would be preferred. Does anyone know if they come with plastic pins to fit in holes or if it is just a flat “no hole” design? There seems to be possibility of both.

I have been waiting on frunk and trunk emblems since re-paint back in July. They simply aren't being received by the service center.

Someone posted on June 8th on the Tesla Model Y Facebook page saying "Good news! the newer vin Model Y doesnt have holes under the T! You can now debadge" and posted an awful photo without the adhesive being completely removed to show that the holes are really gone. Can anyone confirm this?

Edit: I commented asking for an update. He said hes worked on 5 Model Y's so far and newer built Y's 100% no holes in front and rear.
According to Abstract Ocean, the pre-Covid cars have holes. Around April that changed. AO sells a T E S L A badge package that replaces the rear T, and that’s where they say that.