TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Want to rent an "early" Model S for some months - well paid

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by lmore, Jun 27, 2012.

1. lmore

lmore Member

A 85 kWh battery and an early R-number car would be ideal, but other configurations are also of interest as long as it is an "early" delivery. I will pay a deposit equaling the cost of the car in addition to the cost of the rent and transportation. Offers for renting the car 6 months (possibly with an option to buy) are welcome, please send a private message.

Details: I am on the waiting list for a Model S signature EU-model (SS34), but as a pessimist I think it will probably take some time before it is ready for the EU market.
    Therefore I would like to rent a Model S from the US/Canada while waiting. I will use this car to promote electric cars and Tesla Model S in Europe. I already have a Roadster, recently it was rented to the US-car interest organization:
    Google Oversetter

I propose is that we try to find a way that meets our needs. My need is to get the Model S as early as possible (but of course you can have it a while after the delivery). If there are serious callbacks (as the Roadster had) I'd probably have to ship it back to the US/Canada and the rent period will be over. If not, I could also be interested in keeping the car.

I have read warnings elsewhere on this forum (for example US-model missing 3-phase charging), and am aware of the risk of importing a car (I have some experience).