Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want you to lease but don't want you to buy so that they can keep charging "interest"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there, I am a model x owner.

5 month ago (Aug, 2020), I was contacting Tesla Finance 3 weeks ahead of my lease ending date for further advise. After a number of follow up emails, they finally sent me an agreement on Oct (2 months later) to sign with incorrect personal information on it – I asked them to update – and that update is still incomplete as I am writing thread.

What worse is, I was told to be charged for hundreds of dollars interest every month by far, and consider providing the manual quote seems an indefinite task to complete for them, the charge technically will be indefinite too.

I wonder this is how they make money? By not letting you purchase the car and charging your interest?

By far, I have also called them a couple of times in the past a few weeks – I was told to get a quote (with interest charge) in 48 hrs which never happened.

Are they going to charge me for the “interest” for another year? I really don’t know. Who should I contact to? Don't know either. This whole thing is just so disappointing and desperate.

Some facts about communication with Tesla Finance:
- I averagely send one email per week to follow up this issue before the lease ending date till now.
- All my replies to their emails were prompt and on the same day, all the thread log are there.

Not sure if anyone here is experiencing the same as I do, please advise.

google "tesla" & "end of lease" to get similar scenarios as yours, as well as different stories. We leased our X (2017) & its fit & finish were so bad (along with ½ shaft shudder, windshield ghosting, bad prox sensors, screen problems, headliner falling off etc) that we used "swapa" to get out of the lease 2 years early. Between all the trips to the SC, and between all the disinformation & misinformation from both the company as well as the leasing company - we signed a huge sigh of relief as it drove off early. Love the car ... but hated the experience. Despite all that, in a couple years, maybe we'll give it another go w/ the X, now that 3rd iteration of the MCU & better batteries are available - & our dark experience memories are more distant. Good luck !!

google "tesla" & "end of lease" to get similar scenarios as yours, as well as different stories. We leased our X (2017) & its fit & finish were so bad (along with ½ shaft shudder, windshield ghosting, bad prox sensors, screen problems, headliner falling off etc) that we used "swapa" to get out of the lease 2 years early. Between all the trips to the SC, and between all the disinformation & misinformation from both the company as well as the leasing company - we signed a huge sigh of relief as it drove off early. Love the car ... but hated the experience. Despite all that, in a couple years, maybe we'll give it another go w/ the X, now that 3rd iteration of the MCU & better batteries are available - & our dark experience memories are more distant. Good luck !!
Thanks for your response, but we were planning buying out at the beginning, and they just don't give the agreement (with the correct information on it).