TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wanted 21" Upgrade

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by JerryLReinhard, Apr 5, 2017.

1. JerryLReinhard

JerryLReinhard New Member

Hello,

I am getting my first Tesla,

2015 85S

It is coming with the 19" rims

What is the going rate to upgrade to 21" rims.

2. JerryLReinhard

JerryLReinhard New Member

3. Lmlagarce

Lmlagarce Member

Anywhere between 1 and 4k depending on condition of wheels and tread on tires.

4. olvittstl

olvittstl New Member

I have a set I'd be happy to sell. I cracked a wheel and have a replacement coming today. Tires are about 70%. Two wheels are great condition and two have some scuffing. I am replacing with 19's.

5. dhcp

dhcp Member

Not trying to kill anyone's sale, but you might want to try your 19" wheels for a few weeks before you go to the 21. I was just like you and gung-ho to change my incoming car to 21-inch wheels.

I live in California where the roads are much, much better than Indiana (went to school there) and the 21-inch wheels are going to take a beating there. I go to Lake Tahoe fairly often here and the roads on the way up have some really bad stretches where the 21-inch wheels would really take a beating.

Someone on here once said that the 21-inch wheels are for vanity reasons, which I'll totally own up to, but give yourself a little time with the 19-inch ones, they are super resilient compared to the 21.

6. Lmlagarce

Lmlagarce Member

Have had my S for 6 months with the 19s. Couldn't stand it. Got a set of silver turbines last week. HUGE difference imo. No regrets (fingers crossed).

7. Stunt822

Stunt822 Member

looking for a single gray rim, shipped to OR. let me know if willing to sell please.