Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanted: Detailing recommendations in Redmond/Bellevue area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had them wash my car last week for the first time...they did a fantastic job. The car looked absolutely fantastic inside and out (I had them vacuum, too). It only took them about an hour, which is substantially faster than it takes me because I'm OCD when it comes to washing the car.
"About an hour". I realize you probably didn't time it, but is it really more like an hour or more like <= 45 minutes? I'm curious whether I could get it done during lunch without making it a long lunch.

Yeah, it is not uncommon for me to take three hours washing my car, and on occassion, even five or six (but I really clean every crevice)!

Again, thanks for the info. I will probably be doing this in mid-March and MD sounds like my first choice.

"About an hour". I realize you probably didn't time it, but is it really more like an hour or more like <= 45 minutes? I'm curious whether I could get it done during lunch without making it a long lunch.

Brianman, I'd give them a call to be sure. It took the better part of the hour for me when I was there...that said, I didn't have anywhere to be and told them to take their time, so......

- - - Updated - - -

What's the maintenance like for the Xpel film? Waxing is still necessary, right? But waxing every quarter seems excessive. I thought waxing was only needed on an annual basis.

No maintenance other than washing and waxing (as far as I have been told). Waxing every quarter may be excessive, but it keeps the car looking nice and, since it's free, I'll go ahead and do it.

It would be awesome if you could post pics. Also, was the full wrap a one day job?

So, finally the weather gods and the time gods got together and allowed me to get some pics of the wrap (actually, the guys at Metropolitan did it for me after washing the car, so kudos to them again!). Here are a couple for your perusing enjoyment...

Tesla Full.jpg

Tesla Back.jpg

Tesla Side.jpg

Tesla T.jpg

Tesla Turn.jpg

I happened to stop by the shop when buzzbuzz was there to talk to the guys about doing a full wrap on my car. buzzbuzz was also nice enough to stick around and let me check out the completed wrap on his car. After seeing their shop and talking to the guys and seeing how enthusiastic they were and how accomodating they were with answering all of my questions and everything, I'm definitely going with Metropolitan Detail. In addition to buzzbuzz's car, there was also another Model S, and other cars as well, in the process of being wrapped in the shop. They showed me how they take apart parts of the car in order to get the wrap to wrap around edges whereever possible and everything. It looked great. One thing to note, if you're considering doing a wrap, keep in mind you'll need to order new badges for your car, as they have to remvoe the existing ones and they can't be reused.

FYI, as more encouragement to come to the Tesla meetup (which will be held at Metropolitan detail), there will be door prizes and if enough people are willing to sign up for a wrap, they will do a group discount. So encourage other Tesla owners you know to come to the event!

IMG_0056.JPG
Looking for recommendations for detailing places in Redmond/Bellevue (WA). I'd be willing to venture farther out (Woodinville, Sammamish, etc.) if there's a place that's really worth it.

My 2 seater is long overdue (I'm too lazy to wash and it's been mostly in the garage) and I figure it's a good opportunity to try out a couple places (once now, and once right before the Model S arrives).

Two goals:
(1) Get the current vehicle looking like it should
(2) Narrow down the 'go to' candidate for my Model S

I'll probably give these guys a shot sometime this week:
Redmondautodetail.com