Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WANTED: Engine Noise Simulator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to say that I miss the engine noise of a muscle car. BMW even pipes it into the cabin through the sound system. Being able to turn it on and off at traffic lights would be just about perfect. Faking It: Engine-Sound Enhancement Explained - Tech Dept.

Nice....
I guess only true car guys get it...
must be able to appreciate both. When I drive my off-road car I refuse to pipe music thru the headsets because I like to hear the exhaust and can detect minor changes in the exhaust note if something is going south...

I wouldn't necessarily agree with the OP for his reasons but I have thought of this for my 8 month old son who likes napping in the car. We've all grown up sleeping in ICE cars on road trips with our parents and that white noise of the engine is soothing. I am wondering how my son will sleep in the new car once it gets delivered.

Nice....
must be able to appreciate both. When I drive my off-road car I refuse to pipe music thru the headsets because I like to hear the exhaust and can detect minor changes in the exhaust note if something is going south...

Oh I totally get the whole infatuation with engine sound....but only when it's actually real. There is nothing about fake engine noise played in the cabin that would make me feel good. I've owned a lot of cars with amazing engine/exhaust sounds and I enjoyed it because it was actually the real sound made by the engine.

To me, playing fake engine sound is just as bad as those fake blow off valve noise generators (makes the sound through a speaker in engine bay when you close the throttle).

Nice....

I'm in the same camp as @derekmw. I get it. Simulated engine noise is fake engine noise, and what "true car guy" gets off on faked noise? You want to play someone else's engine noise in your car and get off on it? That's sort of a "left-handed feels like someone else" situation.

A laugh track doesn't make a joke funny.

• Funny
Reactions: thecloud