TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wanted Gen 1 TPMS model S

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by ElectricT, Dec 22, 2019.

1. ElectricT

ElectricT Member

Looking for a set of gen 1 tire sensors,

I’m located in Canada!

2. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

I've got a set of Gen 1 sensors from my P85+. They've been sitting for a while, so I don't know the status of their batteries.
    If you pay shipping from US, I'll ship them to you. Then if they work, you can send me whatever you think is a fair price for the set.

• Like x 1
  3. BlkCld

BlkCld Member

I am interested in the TPMS set for some extra wheels I picked up if not taken. I’m in FL. Those probably all fit in the little priority box. Please let me know. Still hanging onto my P85. Thanks, Mark

4. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Sorry Blk, ElectricT did take them. I’ll be shipping them out today.

5. ElectricT

ElectricT Member

Thank you Hank!

6. BlkCld

BlkCld Member

Thanks Hank.
    I think I found a way to clone mine with third party universal ones. That way I don’t have to have Tesla reprogram the car to match the sensor IDs and I can swap wheels freely avoiding the SC.
    Used to be able to with the A or B wheel selection. So many times I wished I could rollback a software update that turned out to be a downgrade for me. Ugh.
    Thanks again
    Mark

7. Saleen09

Saleen09 Founder of Hall and Nass Racing

Mark,

I have a set of gen 1 Tpms units if you're still in need.

8. BlkCld

BlkCld Member

Thanks Saleen09,
    I plan to try the Autel cloned ones. Realizing no more reset button I don’t think the Baolong will be useable without a Tesla visit unless I find another way.
    Mark

9. Zextraterrestrial

I have a couple of sets of Gen 1 too..originals + a second I never used from ~ 2 years ago

10. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

In another thread people have been able to get Tesla to send a TPMS reset over the air.

11. rmac8288

rmac8288 Member

Sorry for newbie: if we swap out TPMS, we have to ask SC to reset it? I have 2013 S Gen 1 I assume.
    Ryan

12. BlkCld

BlkCld Member

Yes that seems to be the consensus currently. Tesla software update removed the button to reset for a different set of gen 1 sensors. Gen 2 TPMS receivers and sensors is not needed. Seems they ignored the needs of the first 50k cars.
    Multiple things have been tried by many members. Two seemed to have had luck. One using new Continental sensors on a gen 1 car. Seems implausible but possibly was built with the newer Continental receiver. I’m trying that on mine tomorrow. Just need to drive some miles to see what happens with wheels off a new 2020. I highly doubt it will work.
    Another got Tesla service to send an over the air manual TPMS reset. Others not so lucky when asking so YMMV. One other way is using new third party programmable sensors from Autel, ITM and others than can be cloned to use the same ID numbers of your original sensors and install those on your second set of wheels. The car won’t know you ever changed wheels in that scenario and avoids dealing with Tesla altogether.
    That’s pretty much the summary of 10 pages at this thread:
    TPMS reset on V10
    Hopefully they will once again make it easy to change. Good luck.