Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanted - Lease TakeOver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully this is allowed here, I'm looking to take over a short term lease until my model 3 is available ~ Early/Mid 2019. Current lease expires early December.

Here's what I'm looking for:
  • AWD a Must
  • Must have warranty for remainder of lease (given I think)
  • Prefer Model X, but S okay too
  • Looking for most economic takeover, so performance or higher battery not necessary.
  • Prefer Blue/White or Black
  • Dreaming of the White Vegan Seats, but that or Black would be fine - really don't care for Tan, but would consider.
  • Any other options are nice to have but not necessary.
  • I'm in Ontario, but willing to travel.
  • All service records, and service up to date
  • Transparency about why your getting rid of it (just don't want a lemon)
Please leave a reply here and dm me as well.

Many thanks!

Hopefully this is allowed here, I'm looking to take over a short term lease until my model 3 is available ~ Early/Mid 2019. Current lease expires early December.

• AWD a Must
  • Looking for most economic takeover, so performance or higher battery not necessary.
  • Dreaming of the White Vegan Seats, but that or Black would be fine - really don't care for Tan, but would consider.

Many thanks!
Just curious as to why you think AWD is a must!
I had my first Model S with rear wheel drive and I had to traverse the most dangerous of roads in Winter when I got it and not a single issue.
The only reason Tesla offered it was because people were complaining that the other makers offered it and said they won't buy into Tesla unless they have it. Tesla capitulated!
I have it on my 2016 but would have preferred the extra storage space by far.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Just curious as to why you think AWD is a must!
I had my first Model S with rear wheel drive and I had to traverse the most dangerous of roads in Winter when I got it and not a single issue.
The only reason Tesla offered it was because people were complaining that the other makers offered it and said they won't buy into Tesla unless they have it. Tesla capitulated!
I have it on my 2016 but would have preferred the extra storage space by far.

Whereabouts in Canada are you? I live in Northern Ontario so I feel it's a necessity, plus my gf lives on a winding road just outside of the city that gets plowed last, and I'm also towing 2 kids around from school.

Just an FYI since you're new to Tesla. My RWD Model S performs much better in the snow compared to my previous 2012 VW Tiguan with AWD. I can imagine the AWD will perform much better, but the RWD isn't a Crown Victoria.

Disclosure: I have Hakkapeliitta R2 winter tires on the Tesla and had Blizzak on the Tiguan.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Just an FYI since you're new to Tesla. My RWD Model S performs much better in the snow compared to my previous 2012 VW Tiguan with AWD. I can imagine the AWD will perform much better, but the RWD isn't a Crown Victoria.

Disclosure: I have Hakkapeliitta R2 winter tires on the Tesla and had Blizzak on the Tiguan.

Very much appreciated. I think if it wasn't for the kids, and it was just me driving I would.

I got my S in AWD if nor no other reason is because I was gun-shy.

When I test drove the Model S for the first time, the sales guy was pretty adamant that I didn't need AWD (he actually said I didn't even need snow tires - I live in Toronto). However, my experience with my IS350 (RWD) with Blizzaks was sooooooooo bad, I didn't want to take the chance.

I have no doubt the RWD Tesla would have been WAY better than my IS but I wasn't taking any chances.

Reactions: Jaff
Bumping this thread, as I finally got to test drive a Blue 2017 Model S75D with White Interior.. and I'm sold.

Not only would I accept a lease takeover, but I would look to purchase one as well.

Since I can't edit my original post?? Here's what I'm looking for:
  • AWD a Must (still)
  • Model S preferred
  • Prefer Blue/Black
  • If purchasing, MUST have White Vegan Seats - after being in them - I can't not have this.
  • If short term lease Black would be fine.
  • I'm in Ontario, but willing to travel anywhere in Canada.

Why don’t you look at new inventory if you’re buying? There’s a new inventory S100D discounted $29K that qualifies for Ontario’s provincial incentives and also is black with white interior located in Montreal. List price of $115500.00 and you can use my referral code for $1400 off too. Just PM me if you need a code.

Model S 100D 5YJSA1E28HF191024 | Tesla Canada

Unfortunately any inventory vehicle over 2000km on the odometer no longer qualifies for the incentives. A lot of inventory purchasers were unaware of this one policy.

There is a good reason the car is discounted 27k as Tesla has already somewhat factored in the rebate in trying to price the vehicle fairly as opposed to a normal 130k inventory 100D with under 2k mileage...and does receive the 14k rebate.

Same net cost to the consumer but one car has more mileage.

Please confirm this with Tesla as a I have.

I've had the opportunity to drive both... my AWD P85D and loaner 85s or P85s when in service.

I'm in Northern Ontario, and I can tell you that there is an enormous difference. AWD is just so much more directionally stable on packed snow or ice. And you can climb icy hills that would leave any RWD car spinning. I would not consider a RWD Tesla (or any RWD car) up here if there were an AWD option.

Reactions: hpjtv
I've had the opportunity to drive both... my AWD P85D and loaner 85s or P85s when in service.
I'm in Northern Ontario, and I can tell you that there is an enormous difference. AWD is just so much more directionally stable on packed snow or ice. And you can climb icy hills that would leave any RWD car spinning. I would not consider a RWD Tesla (or any RWD car) up here if there were an AWD option.

This was what I was thinking, and the road to my gf's house does have these hills and is semi-rural and isn't plowed as often or completely as other roads.

Unfortunately any inventory vehicle over 2000km on the odometer no longer qualifies for the incentives. A lot of inventory purchasers were unaware of this one policy.

Hey Navsarin, I too was unaware of that 2000km limit, for some reason I thought it was 10k.

Back to the drawing board.

This was what I was thinking, and the road to my gf's house does have these hills and is semi-rural and isn't plowed as often or completely as other roads.

Hey Navsarin, I too was unaware of that 2000km limit, for some reason I thought it was 10k.

Back to the drawing board.

I thought the "dealer" could apply for the car to still be eligible for the rebate with more than 2k, as long as application was done before the car hits 2k.

• Helpful
Electric vehicles incentive program

EVIP Extended Mileage Demonstrator Vehicle Application Form
Demonstrator vehicles in EVIP are vehicles that have less than 2,000 km at the point of sale and registration. A demonstrator vehicle can only be used for customer test drive. It cannot have been used for personal or other business purposes by the dealership or its employees/management.

However, if you are a dealer and you wish have a demonstrator vehicle with mileage between 2,000km and 15,000 km on the odometer be eligible for an incentive, you must complete and submit the EVIP Extended Mileage Demo Application Form prior to the vehicle having 2,000 km on the odometer. A dealer must also complete the EVIP Extended Mileage Demo Log as the vehicle is being used and provide it to the purchaser/lessee. The log must be submitted as supporting documentation when applying for an incentive.

If the demonstrator vehicle has less than 2,000 km on the odometer when it is bought or leased, this form does not have to be completed.

• Informative

• AWD a Must

Many thanks!
Yes, you are being picky. AWD is not a MUST! No need for it really. RWD is perfectly good with Tesla vehicles because of the weight and traction with the direct drive tranny. I had an 85 for three years and drove in the harshest Winter conditions with ice and hills with no problems at all. AWD was put in only because people started complaining that they MUST have it since their Audi's and Benz's had it and threatened to not buy a Tesla unless it was offered. Tesla capitulated to their demands. AWD is just marketing material. The only advantage is that it extends your range a little and under the most extreme conditions, might help out if you got into a sticky situation.
I'm just saying, be happy with a RWD, you won't regret it!

• Disagree
Reactions: hpjtv and Doug_G