Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanted: Model 3/Y pedestrian warning speaker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t received the update so I don’t know if Boombox will be accessible when I get it. However the reverse and forward sound is working after a reset using the scroll wheels. The car recognized the speaker. What year and month was ur car built?
Hi, Are you able to confirm speaker continues to work after car has slept for a few hours? I've tried a non-Tesla standard speaker and found the car 'forgets' it after a few hours despite working great previously after a reset.

Reactions: Cyclegamer
Hi, Are you able to confirm speaker continues to work after car has slept for a few hours? I've tried a non-Tesla standard speaker and found the car 'forgets' it after a few hours despite working great previously after a reset.
So after doing a lot of digging, I’ve found that it’s a configuration issue. Tesla or service technician has to be able to change the configuration setting on the car to let the computer know u have the speaker. Until that is done the speaker will only work after a drive cycle or a thumb wheel reset. According to Elon’s tweets, he is checking on that.

Attachments

• 4E00E8F5-DBE1-4390-A0E7-0B34C27CFC0D.jpeg
    4E00E8F5-DBE1-4390-A0E7-0B34C27CFC0D.jpeg
    571.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 94E1C6F3-C143-4D77-A7F3-CAB562A91BF9.jpeg
    94E1C6F3-C143-4D77-A7F3-CAB562A91BF9.jpeg
    281.3 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: mpandrew
So after doing a lot of digging, I’ve found that it’s a configuration issue. Tesla or service technician has to be able to change the configuration setting on the car to let the computer know u have the speaker. Until that is done the speaker will only work after a drive cycle or a thumb wheel reset. According to Elon’s tweets, he is checking on that.
Helpful, thank you.

Reactions: Cyclegamer

Once you performed the thumb reset did the BoomBox/PWS work from then on? or did you have to do it each time?

Once you performed the thumb reset did the BoomBox/PWS work from then on? or did you have to do it each time?
PWS works after reset on 48.26 but after car sleeps it stops again:( Boombox doesn't work even after reset when PWS is working. Think car VIN needs adding to Tesla central DB somewhere to recognize it as having the speaker. Service centers may offer this in future but only with an authentic Tesla part, which would be fine with me happy to pay for it. For me in the UK that's more difficult as zero cars here have it despite having the cable loom.