Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanted: Model S, 85/85D/90D/P85D, New England area, high mileage ok

nicedrum

Apr 29, 2021
Boston suburbs - metrowest
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, but a long time Tesla watcher. We finally need another car this summer/fall and I'm looking to buy a used Tesla Model S.

Location: outside of Boston, but willing to travel around New England or nearby.

Model: Model S, preferably 85D or P85D, but may settle for normal 85.
Years: Any
Mileage: "Experienced" (high mileage ok)

Price: Low (< $20-35k, possibly a bit higher)

Features:
- Strongly prefer Winter package
- Don't care about scratches, dents, or road rash.

Feel free to reach out! I live in Metrowest Boston. Thanks!

nicedrum

Apr 29, 2021
Interested in an Ap2 75D?

Thanks. At the moment I'm sticking with 85 or better for range, due to a certain long trip I make a few times a year.

Otherwise I'll just go with the Chevy Bolt I'm looking at (half the price) - I may go for it no matter what, actually, given all that I've read on the forum(!).

I'm beginning to think that using a gas engine for long trips may be much smarter, money wise, than electric - assuming it's a Prius or such. I think Tesla really shines for those with hyper long commutes, though, where you're in the car for 90+ minutes a day and don't want that to be a terrible 90 minutes.

nicedrum

Apr 29, 2021
Btw, I can't change the name of the thread, but my interests have evolved and I'm now looking for a 2016-2017 75D or 90D, Ap1 or Ap2. Still require cold/winter package, as well as sunroof. Prefer blue/tan or silver/tan, and prefer sound package and coil springs. But I'll probably have to sacrifice at least 1 of those things.

I know it's a hot market now so I may buy a 11yo $7k prius and get the exact car I want next year for $5-12k less than this year. I'm guessing that's the smarter move, though would love to get it this year 😊

rocketshipp85

Dec 3, 2016
MD
Btw, I can't change the name of the thread, but my interests have evolved and I'm now looking for a 2016-2017 75D or 90D, Ap1 or Ap2. Still require cold/winter package, as well as sunroof. Prefer blue/tan or silver/tan, and prefer sound package and coil springs. But I'll probably have to sacrifice at least 1 of those things.

I know it's a hot market now so I may buy a 11yo $7k prius and get the exact car I want next year for $5-12k less than this year. I'm guessing that's the smarter move, though would love to get it this year 😊
I have a late 16/early 17 75D, AP2/EAP, 49k miles. Red/Black. And similar 16/early 17 60, AP2/EAP, 82k miles. Both have Free Superchargering for life.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC