TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

[WANTED] Model S Exterior Ambient Temperature Sensor

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by Yaro, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Yaro

Yaro Member

Need the exterior temperature sensor.

2. GeorgeCM

GeorgeCM Member

Did you manage to find it? What is the manufacturer part number ? Or is it just a simple resistor ?

3. Restrected

Restrected Member

Go get it at hyndai. its the same part number and thats what i used for mine. cost 27$

• Informative x 1
  4. Yaro

Yaro Member

• Informative x 1
  5. Restrected

Restrected Member

• Like x 1
  6. GeorgeCM

GeorgeCM Member

Thank you, I replaced it with the original Hyundai part 96985 3X000 as shown in the attached picture and it works perfectly:

IMG-20180510-WA0007.jpg

I also changed the position of the sensor, as I believe the original location is too close to a radiator and also directly exposed to moisture, ice and salt they use to melt ice on the road.

IMG_20180510_153914.jpg

7. Restrected

Restrected Member

glad i could be of help
    glad i could be of help