Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WANTED: Model X 60D with AP 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to make the jump up to the Model X sometime in the next 6 months. I know I'm looking for a unicorn, but if anyone is looking to sell or get out of their Model X lease feel free to send me a PM with your vehicle options and asking price. I'm only interested in AP 2.0. Thanks!

I looked at that one too. But no premium package, sound, etc. Basically stripped down 60D with AP 2 hardware (probably not activated so either). Depending on what you are looking for could be an option. I am also in the market for one too, but most of the used prices are too close to what a new one minus federal rebate cost is.

probably not activated so either
When I was considering it, I had to assist the selling dealer with verifying that it does indeed have EAP, as that would make or break the price. On my 2016 X75, I did not miss the premium package at all, and I just opted to pass on the sound upgrade on the new X after having it in the old one. It is very personal, but I think a base MX is a wonderful car unlike other brands where finishes and features change fairly significantly between trims. I loved the 6 white seats I had, but I will love the 5 folding textile/black leather-ish combo as well.

but most of the used prices are too close to what a new one minus federal rebate cost is
I agree with you there, which is why I went with an inventory car after searching for a month. Best of luck in your search.

. I am also in the market for one too, but most of the used prices are too close to what a new one minus federal rebate cost is.

That's not really possible. You can't buy a new MX60D anymore at all, period. Comparing used MX60D prices to what a new MX60D WOULD HAVE COST if Tesla still sold them is not a valid comparison because Tesla doesn't still sell them!

image.jpeg
Quincy qgs
That's not really possible. You can't buy a new MX60D anymore at all, period. Comparing used MX60D prices to what a new MX60D WOULD HAVE COST if Tesla still sold them is not a valid comparison because Tesla doesn't still sell them!
That's a very common misconception that the AP2, X60's are not now or were not available very recently. You can't order a build but I did a great deal of searching inventory not even for 60's and stumbled onto three new inventory X60D AP2 cars that were available as 60's until about 2 months ago. I was very surprised that there were AP2 60D's but was told that orders for 5 seat cars got delayed as well as people requesting delayed builds and then walking away from deposits left odd cars around. I have even found inventory Signature XP90D, AP2's with 5 seats not too long ago As far as the 60's go, two were still at Freemont, and one on Arizona. I wanted a P90D and wasn't looking for a 60 but saved the vins out of curiosity just to keep an eye on them to see how long before they sold. One went to Canada and wasn't available for US sale, and the other two sat in the system for a couple weeks and then disappeared for a week or two only then to resurface after being upgraded to X75D's but still the same vin. All three were very loaded AP2, FSD, 22', premium upgrade, sound system cars so the prices were no deals anyway especially for a 60. If I found those 60's I wouldn't be surprised if there were others still floating around. Here's a screenshot of one I found

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Cowby and number12
View attachment 224153 Quincy qgs
That's a very common misconception that the AP2, X60's are not now or were not available very recently. You can't order a build but I did a great deal of searching inventory not even for 60's and stumbled onto three new inventory X60D AP2 cars that were available as 60's until about 2 months ago.

Yes, I know that 60D have appeared in new inventory from time to time, as a matter of fact that's how I was able to snag one! But they are not regular occurrences, particularly for lower specced models without all of the extras like 22" wheels. Doesn't really change the fact that if someone is truly looking to purchase a 60D the only realistic shot they have of locating one is through a resale.

Yes, I know that 60D have appeared in new inventory from time to time, as a matter of fact that's how I was able to snag one! But they are not regular occurrences, particularly for lower specced models without all of the extras like 22" wheels. Doesn't really change the fact that if someone is truly looking to purchase a 60D the only realistic shot they have of locating one is through a resale.
Doesn't change the fact? Are you kidding? They can searched out and be bought as new inventory. If someone just wants to walk into the store and order one they can't but for me the search for my 90 was half the fun. I can post more screen shots of others as they are not impossible to find. There are not lots of them but they are not a high demand item either compared to higher range and performance battery's so they don't get snapped up that fast. Its a fact that I found new ones recently without even actively looking for an X60. I shouldn't waste the time but I find it interesting watching the inventory get shuffled around, becoming available and then disappear and later pop back up elsewhere. I've noticed some glitches in their inventory system to search more extensively and it makes it easier to find cars. I believe Tesla doesn't want too much inventory to show at one time as it would take away from the perception of exclusivity. I saw a couple less equipped ones, actually priced less than comparable S's, one really stripped with cloth interior, pop up a couple weeks ago so realistically if someone wanted one and put a little effort into looking or just got some help from an owner advisor they could find a new inventory car. Realistically the range advantage of a 75 or performance and range advantage of a 90 from the discounted inventory is a wiser move for most buyers and they would more than likely be happier in the long run. I'm glad I stepped up to our P90 every time we get home on low battery and realize we would have had to stop to charge.

Last edited: