Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WANTED: Model Y reservation made soon after launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the market to buy a new EV. Given that there are rumors of Model Y deliveries starting soon - it'd be great to get a Model Y in the initial few weeks after deliveries start.

If you made a reservation close to Mar/2019, and aren't interested in taking a delivery anytime soon - I would be open to taking over your reservation. I will reimburse you any deposit amount that you've already paid. Please message me if you are interested.

Thanks.

I’m not sure this is possible, contract wise with Tesla.
Further, Model 3 deliveries showed that a low reservation number meant little in regards to when you actually got your car. Your geographic location, trim level, and prior Tesla purchases were given highest priority it seems. Sure, all things the same (like trim level and location), maybe a lower reservation number might get you the car earlier than a similar individual, but for the most part Tesla delivers to the easiest and those that result in the most profit first.

Reactions: Fiddler
I’m not sure this is possible, contract wise with Tesla.
Further, Model 3 deliveries showed that a low reservation number meant little in regards to when you actually got your car. Your geographic location, trim level, and prior Tesla purchases were given highest priority it seems. Sure, all things the same (like trim level and location), maybe a lower reservation number might get you the car earlier than a similar individual, but for the most part Tesla delivers to the easiest and those that result in the most profit first.
I think Tesla want to avoid having scalpers, so you cannot change the name of the owner, however you have add another person as co-owner.

Beside, I would recommend to wait a little bit so you don't get the first release possible bugs or issues.

However, I remember reading about one of the first owner of a Model X who sold his car with a $50 k profit to a German car company.

Reactions: Fred42