Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanted: P85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man, a dealership in Atlanta sold a FULLY loaded P85 for $49k a couple of weeks ago. I was trying to get there to buy it, but someone beat me to it. I should have just put a deposit on it, but I figured no one would buy it that quickly. It was a $129k sticker price car with 49k miles, one owner, and a perfect carfax report. And to boot, it was a December built car, so it's not like it was an early built car.

That deal won't come around again for a while!

There is a 2013 P85 with 50k miles going through New Jersey auction this week. Expected to bring around $43k. One of the members here ran a carfax report and it said it was previously in an accident. (Not totaled, clean title). It's repaired and the pictures look good. I can send you more info on it if you're interested.

99% of time searching for a "deal" would be better spent just chumming up a Tesla CPO agent.
People are trading these in if they have warranty and low miles because they save on taxes when they get the next Tesla up.
The ones at auction and everywhere amidst the fake craigslist ads and everything else is just a lot of people hoping to sell their Non-Autopilot, very expensive entry level Model S for above what EV-CPO will show you in 1 minute of searching.
I am sick and tired of this. Get a Mercedes B Class for 30k new and you have better than a huge number of Model S selling for 40k. Or better yet find Colombia Mercedes and lease one for nearly nothing instead of dropping a college tuition on a car that will be outclassed by the Model 3 in about 5 months.

I would keep checking for a CPO, also call them directly and tell them what packages you want and your budget. I did and ended up putting a deposit on a 2013 P85 w/ 43k miles almost fully loaded (no A.P.) for 50k with the 4yr/50k mile warranty and original 8yr/unlimited mile warranty on the batteries and electric motor that wasn't even listed on the Tesla site yet.

To give you an idea on pricing I ordered a p85 in late Jan with just 13,900 miles on it for 57k. Keep in mind it doesn't have the tech package but I don't care. It had the options I wanted-premium sound, air suspension, pano, performance seats, and most importantly low miles. I found it on ev-cpo and the paint was excellent

I agree,
I found mine by emailing my cpo person on almost twice an month saying that i would pull the trigger for a good price. My car is 2014 model s 85 with ap1, I got it for 57k, i put deposit with an hour after the email. Apparently on the inventory site it did not list the ap1 on it. . I had a week so far and loving (still trying to figure out issues with streaming though

Reactions: GQbed
I agree,
I found mine by emailing my cpo person on almost twice an month saying that i would pull the trigger for a good price. My car is 2014 model s 85 with ap1, I got it for 57k, i put deposit with an hour after the email. Apparently on the inventory site it did not list the ap1 on it. . I had a week so far and loving (still trying to figure out issues with streaming though

Did the CPO person at least know it had AP1 even though the site didn't list it?

I'm selling my 2013 Model S (Performance 85 KWh) with 27,000 miles on it. The car has pretty much every extra available at the time. Black outside, beige inside, piano black interior trim, 22" gray wheels. Delivered to me on March 31, 2013, and has been trouble-free for four years. Recently had a full annual checkup by Tesla and has two new rear tires (fronts are about 50%).

The car is in great condition. It lives in an air-conditioned garage, and I don't drive much (obviously, only 27K miles in 4 years), so I only charge to 75% normally and then full-charge to 100% about 4-5 times a year to balance the pack. The result is that my battery still shows 260 miles of rated charge when I do a full charge: 98% of original capacity.

KBB estimates the value of this car at roughly $55,000 to $56,500. The car is located in Miami, FL. PM me if interested in greater detail.

Reactions: GQbed