Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanted - Project Model S w Autopilot - No Title Needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New here, but We've been looking for a Model S with Autopilot to use for a project we're working on. Because of the nature of the project, we need to have a Model S available at all times, and for extensive periods, and so renting will not be cost efficient. As such, I'd like to purchase one. We do not have to have conveyance of a title for the vehicle. But, I will need a bill of sale at least for legal possession, and would be purchasing the vehicle as "parts only". This would be ideal for anyone who may want to walk away with significant cash upfront. As for the vehicle, it must have the Autopilot system, be in good physical condition (great condition not necessary, but good). I may even consider a Salvage/rebuilt Model S. All functions must be in good working order as well. Color is not critical, but would orefer black or white. Mileage is not important. Price is negotiable, depending on the vehicle (year, miles, condition, etc). Please respond with offers.

• Funny
Reactions: alexvirital
so you need an autopilot car in good physical condition? title not needed?

not sure what numbers you have in your head but just an fyi you are looking at 40k+ to start for one that has some auto pilot sensors intact and hasnt been crushed into a ball.

Reactions: privater
Thanks for the info. Yes, the car needs to be in good cosmetic condition and function well. Ideally, we'd like to be in the $15-20K range, and preferably even less. We don't need to title or register this vehicle, so the options are many. Examples are:

1. Someone in need of emergency funds, but may be wayyyy upside down in their car, and cant sell it (would have to have the title to sell it)

2. Someone in danger of getting their Model S repossessed. Unfortunate, but better to get some money out of it to help with other needs vs letting it go back and get nothing.

3. Someone who has already title pawned their car and know that they can't pay it back.

4. Someone with a ton of miles on their car, and not able to sell it.

There are many other options, of course, and I'm open to suggestions. Will be a completely discreet transaction.

This has to be a joke. You wouldn't even be the legal owner of the car, regardless of the requested bill of sale. The lien holder would have first right to it. That's the entire reason they would possess the title. Likewise, anyone with a free and clear title looking for emergency money could post their car on here for 5k under market and find a buyer in a day. So in essence you're suggesting someone sell an asset they don't own free and clear. There's a word for that.

Extra points for being picky on the vehicle details as you're attempting to bottom feed. I mean that requires either a special kind of delusion or just brass balls.

Apologies for the snarkiness but come on...

15-20k, autopilot equipped, drivable, in good condition

This guy is smoking better weed than I am.

He may need to bring more to share than usual: California voters will most likely legalize recreational marijuana this November

Yes, that's a thread hijacking because the OP, while having done a fine job of defining various edge cases that would constitute satisfactory end points for his quest, has offered no evidence whatsoever that he wasn't stoned to the bejesus in coming up with the idea in the first place :)

Reactions: calisnow and AMPd
Lucille Bluth sums things up nicely:
giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: brantse and AMPd
As for the lessons in legality, not suggesting anyone do anything illegal. However, if you possess a vehicle, you have the right to sell part or all of it, any time you choose. If you have a lien on it, you are bound to the terms of the associated loan, whether you maintain possession of the collateral or not. Not much different than if you totaled your vehicle and didn't have insurance on it. You would still owe the lien holder, even if the car is worthless.

• Disagree
Reactions: dehydratedH2O
As for the lessons in legality, not suggesting anyone do anything illegal. However, if you possess a vehicle, you have the right to sell part or all of it, any time you choose. If you have a lien on it, you are bound to the terms of the associated loan, whether you maintain possession of the collateral or not. Not much different than if you totaled your vehicle and didn't have insurance on it. You would still owe the lien holder, even if the car is worthless.

How? Based on your that premise I could go buy a car tomorrow, "sell" it to my neighbor for $100 with a bill of sale and no title transfer, stop paying my payments and then when Tesla comes to re-possess it I can tell them to pound sand. "Sorry guys, I sold the car you see to my neighbor. Leave it alone." I'm not saying you're wrong because the moment I do that is the moment you come at me and tell me you're a lawyer but this doesn't pass the sniff test at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.