TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Wanted: Sell me your Arachnids/Turbines at discount for using your referral code

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by justdoit, Aug 1, 2016.

1. justdoit

justdoit Member

This might be a bit of a stretch but thought I'd try anyways :) Making a Model S purchase and need to use a referral code and don't know how to decide which code on here to use. Figured that since I also want to eventually purchase a set of Arachnids or Turbines I'd offer to use someones referral code and help them reach their goal of 5 referrals. And in return they'll sell me the Arachnids (if they don't really want them) or their Turbines at a discount.

Thanks!

2. p85lover/owner

I don't have a set of wheels available but use my referral if I want, Referral | Tesla.
    Thanks

3. azdryheat

azdryheat Member

If I can get 5 referrals I would sell you the Archnids or Turnbies for $2000. Referral | Tesla

• Like x 1
  4. bart513

bart513 Member

You need 10 not 5 referrals I believe for this promotion...

5. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Member

Incorrect. It is 5.

6. Buddy

Buddy Member

From the Tesla website:

"Good Faith
    We introduce programs such as these in good faith and expect the same good faith in return. Please note that we may withhold awards where we believe customers are acting in bad faith or otherwise acting contrary to the intent of this program. To be clear, commercializing or otherwise selling referral codes is not appropriate, and we will not honor such codes. We cannot cover every nefarious scenario, nor will we attempt to, but we do promise to be fair and reasonable."

I believe asking for a discount or favor goes against the intentions of the referral program. It's not a horrible idea and seems reasonable, but you can imagine how this could propel out of hand when people start "buying" referral codes.

...my opinion only.

• Informative x 1
  7. bart513

bart513 Member

I stand corrected!