TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Wanted: Tesla Model S Ride - Connecticut

Discussion in 'New England' started by jsygrovehpi, Feb 29, 2016.

1. jsygrovehpi

jsygrovehpi Member

Hello Tesla Community!

My good friend Matt is getting married in late June this year and as part of my farewell to bachelorhood gift to him I would like to be able to give him a ride in a Tesla before his big day. Matt, as well as the rest of the groomsmen, are avid car enthusiasts. Matt owns a beautiful 3rd gen 1988 Camaro IROC-Z and recently said how awesome it would be to get a ride in a Tesla.

What I am looking for is someone who is willing to meet with us (the groom and 3 groomsmen) at a mutually agreed upon location on a Saturday or Sunday once the weather warms up later this spring. We all live in central CT but are willing to travel up to an hour or so to meet up. I am thinking that when we meet, we can take a few photos, you can give a tour of your car and some of the unique features of the Tesla, and provide a ride(s) to the groom and groomsmen before parting ways. An added bonus if you could demonstrate the Insane or Ludicrous launch mode of your car. Knowing how Matt is, he would be smiling ear to ear with the absolutely crazy acceleration of your car!

Compensation for your time is negotiable but I would be willing to buy you lunch and a drink when we meet or a donation to a charity of your choice... you might even be able to twist my arm for a ride in my Trans Am :wink: (picture attached)

As of right now this would be a complete surprise to everyone in the wedding party and depending on how this is planned out, can remain a total surprise to everyone or just Matt.

Thank You!

-Jon

Attached Files:

2. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Id do it, you just need to find a way to California!

3. jsygrovehpi

jsygrovehpi Member

Thanks AMPd, but Cali is a bit far for us! :smile:

4. eggy

eggy Member

I would be in but no ludicrous or insane mode.
    P85 only. Let me know.
    Cheers

5. Btr_ftw

Btr_ftw Court Jester

If you dont have any bites try turo.com

This way you can have the car overnight.

6. jsygrovehpi

jsygrovehpi Member

Thanks BTR. I will have to check it out!

7. Joe

Joe Member

Would be glad to help out. P85D, with Ludicrous upgrade. Just need to find a mutually agreeable location - preferably with some open road for Launch mode :).

Joe

8. jsygrovehpi

jsygrovehpi Member

Thanks Joe! Check your inbox for PM.

:smile:

9. ajay

ajay Member

Borrowing from another long-ago thread about tunes to play in your car: in the case of a ride exchange, I recommend cranking the following:

Skeletons Trans am - YouTube

10. jsygrovehpi

jsygrovehpi Member

Haha. Thanks ajay! I'll be sure to play this in my car and share it in the trans am forums I belong to!

11. HiTech

HiTech Member

Let me know if you are still looking... I come through CT often (from MA). Grew up in W.Hartford.
    BTW, mine is almost 3 years old and only an S85 (no performance, insane or ludi modes). But, still kicks the living daylights out of any other vehicle on the road! :cool:

12. jsygrovehpi

jsygrovehpi Member

Sounds good HiTech. I will let you know!