TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

WANTED: Tesla Owner(s) to display their cars @ CSULB's Earth Week 2010 (Apr 22 & 23)

Discussion in 'News' started by Summer, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Summer

Summer New Member

Hey there Tesla owners &/or friends thereof, let me start by saying I've joined this forum with an agenda. :eek: :wink:

I happen to be a student of Environmental Science & Policy as well as Communications at Cal-State Long Beach where I also happen to be the the President of an on-campus Honour Society (Golden Key International Honour Society). :rolleyes:

Currently, I'm using my platform (as GK President) to support as many eco-ed focused activities as possible. The next "big thing" coming up is Earth Week 2010 (April 17-24) and on April 22 & 23 we are inviting eco-vendors, activist community members, other on-campus orgs & so forth to participate in a variety of ways. This is where the connection comes in...

I'm really (really REALLY) hoping to coordinate a situation where one or two area Tesla owners bring their amazing cars to campus and have them on display for our 40,000+ student body to see up close & personal. They'd be protected/cordoned off to whatever degree the owner(s) prefer, but I feel the "cool factor" of the Tesla Motors concept is an ideal draw for the demographic I'm surrounded by -- college-educated/aged young people who might otherwise not associate "green" with "cool" per se.

If you or any of your (Tesla owner) car co-horts might be interested in getting involved/participating,m I would LOVE to talk with you A.S.A.P. I can be reached by emailing: [email protected] so email me at your convenience or feel free to forward my contact information to anyone you feel might be willing.

Thank you in advance for considering my concept -- I look forward to hearing from you soon! Meantime, peace & all the good stuff!
    ~Summer

Attached Files:

2. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S1364-->X769

5 days later and nobody responds to her? Are y'all averse to strangers?

Summer- Sounds very interesting, unfortunately for me to get to Long Beach in the middle of the week is not feasible. But with 1000 Roadsters on the road, I hope one ponys up to your watering hole for the cause. I will try to direct e-mail some others as well. All the best! --Ian :wink:

3. zschuler

zschuler New Member

Hi Summer-

I've got a Tesla, and may be able to go to one of the two days, but not both. Do you have the exact time and any other details on the event?

4. Tdave

Tdave Member

I'd have been interested if I wasn't thousands of miles away.

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Interested too but can't commit.

(Go LBSU!)