TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wanted - Tesla Testing in the Toronto area

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Kram, Jul 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Kram

Kram New Member

Hello all,

I am looking for a Tesla owner that would agreeable to participate in some vehicle testing in the Toronto area. We are trying to model two of the auto pilot features; the lane change and following a curved road. I would instrument the vehicle was a high-precision GPS (it is magnetic, fixed to the roof). I would then ask the owner to operate the vehicle on a highway, change lanes many times both manually and using the auto pilot, and also do this for following a curved road. I will not be asking to drive myself (or be in the driver's seat).

A few things:

- This has nothing to do with the recent fatal collision in the United States.
    - We are not looking to fault Tesla with anything whatsoever (if I had the money, I would buy one), this is purely curiosity on our part. We have a good idea of how humans change lanes, we'd like to measure how Tesla does it.
    - We are not looking for testing of any of the collision avoidance options (braking, etc.).

Please advise if you are interested. Some compensation for your time/use of your vehicle can be arranged.

Mark

2. rypalmer

rypalmer Member

I might be, but won't be back in the city for a few weeks. What's your timeline?

3. Kram

Kram New Member

A few weeks is fine, it isn't too urgent. More of a side project. Let me know when you a better idea of when you'll be around and have some time.

4. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

I can do that for you. Send me a message.