Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanted to share my situation and see if there's anything more I could do.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like everyone else here I have extremely high convictions that $TSLA will continue to knock it out of the park for the next decade. I have managed to get 260 TSLA shares but I'm wondering if there's anything I should be doing to optimize building my position further.

I'm able to put about $5000 each month from my salary into my brokerage account.
However, I am leveraged a bit currently.
  • $460k gross stock value
  • $349k net liquidation
  • $255k maintenance margin
  • $96k available funds
  • -$105k cash
Basically just wondering if there are any strategies I might not be aware of to build up my position as much as I can within my means and without too much risk of a margin call. Like does it make sense to buy an option contract or 2 way out and save up enough to call it by the time it expires?

Thanks in advance and apologies for such a noob question.

Like everyone else here I have extremely high convictions that $TSLA will continue to knock it out of the park for the next decade. I have managed to get 260 TSLA shares but I'm wondering if there's anything I should be doing to optimize building my position further.

I'm able to put about $5000 each month from my salary into my brokerage account.
  • $349k net liquidation
  • $96k available funds
  • -$105k cash
Basically just wondering if there are any strategies I might not be aware of to build up my position as much as I can within my means and without too much risk of a margin call. Like does it make sense to buy an option contract or 2 way out and save up enough to call it by the time it expires?

I would sell puts and if you are forced to buy the stock, at least you are getting the stock at a discount. Moreover Tesla is a great stock.

• $349k net liquidation
  • $96k available funds
  • -$105k cash

The wheel thread is your friend. I've been selling calls when the stock rises and using proceeds to buy calls when the stock falls. Rinse, repeat. When it moves below the 50ema then wait, maybe buy a few shares here and there while it goes up beyond the 20ema or so, then back to calls. I'll sell puts, but I'd rather not.

Reactions: UltradoomY