Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanted, Your trade in Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yea, it's really weird, have found plenty of cars for sale for crazy money in my mind (88-95k) but not much in what I think is fair going by locally I can get an inventory 100d for 92k after tax rebate so my opinion is that a fair deal on a 90d AP1 is around the 77-80k mark which is above what tesla is paying for them on trade-ins. was hoping someone on here might have a 90D AP1 car they are upgrading to a 100kw car that would be willing to sell to another enthusiast rather than just turn it in... maybe it's wishful thinking but am just trying to stay within the budget I have knowing the miles we drive (25-30k) per year and the fact that I know I'll probably upgrade to the latest and greatest in 2-3 years time once all the automation features are matured.

Reactions: RichardD
totally agree, from all the private dealers I've spoken with that have Model Xs in inventory, just none of them can give you that good feeling about the car.

Really thought I had a deal on a car through Texas Auto Direct but again, they couldn't give me details as to why they had 5 cars with less than 5k on them that were previously titled to an individual and then sold/traded. I did my research through tesla and found that the VIN numbers for the cars they had were pretty all much flagged as being in accidents or were buybacks from Tesla who then wholesaled them.

Plan is to sit tight and wait for either a CPO or ideally something from a current forum member! I've been monitoring the for sale forum and everywhere else I can think, will get my X in good time. Thank you all!

thanks all for your responses but as luck should have it, I just ordered my Model X!! a bunch of inventory cars just got released online and I snagged one up. Think I got a pretty good deal for me, 2016 Model X 90D, 21k on it for $82k fully optioned with everything, should get it in 3-4 weeks and will be the new family hauler/my commuter for the next couple years until I put 150k on it and inevitably trade it in for whatever AP3 or AP4 becomes!

Reactions: Cowby
I HAVE BEEN SITTING IN THE WINGS AWAITING THE X TO BE DEBUGGED. MY CURRENT CAR LEASE EXPIRES IN 13 MONTHS SO I HAVE PLENTY OF TIME. I DRIVE 10,000 MILES ER YEAR. DONT SEE WHY I NEED TO GET ANYTHING MORE THAN A 75 USED. ANY THOUGHTS? I ENJOY THIS SITE. THANK YOU.