Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanting a model Y from Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't get to pick which factory your MY comes from. If it goes like what Musk had said in the past, it's going to depend on where the car is to be delivered, i.e., east US deliveries from Texas, west US deliveries from Fremont.

It could take up to a year before Tx MY's get the 4680 batteries. Then again before long, the backlog will go out that far.

MY's are pretty good now and improve with each software update. And as @DanDi58 pointed out, the price keeps going up. If you desire one before the end of this year, now is the time to pull the trigger. Otherwise, you take your chances.

Reactions: lchen6
Made an appointment to test drive a Tesla. Arrived 15 minutes early, and after 30 minutes of waiting I left. Whomever was suppose to meet me never showed, the service department was no help. So I am knocking off Tesla from my short list. Besides, only one place in Tampa Florida, in addition the showroom looks like a factory. I get it, lower cause, but since the Tesla rep blew my timeline, everything went down hill from there.

I agree. You should probably not get Tesla if you are already having issue/frustration with test drive. I bet that you won't survive the anxiety/frustration of waiting for delivery, picking up, and possible servicing... Good luck with other options! 👍👋

The Tesla ownership experience is definitely a roller coaster ride of emotions...love and hate...haha.

Reactions: Rennei and msee67
Wow you guys are so smart. I bet you don’t owe a share of Tesla stock. Definitely do not want to be associated with such a crowd. But keep up the good work, the stock is up today 725. I am a true believer I invest in Tesla and I hope they succeed.

• Disagree
Reactions: Darblish
I am not trying to be a douchebag. I am just being honest with you about purchasing Tesla. It is not the most customer-oriented experience as you already experienced it. What you experienced could be one of the many annoying things that you might experience. So take it as a joke rather than being offended by it.

PS, I also have my money in TSLA so don't feel special about it 😉

Made an appointment to test drive a Tesla. Arrived 15 minutes early, and after 30 minutes of waiting I left. Whomever was suppose to meet me never showed, the service department was no help. So I am knocking off Tesla from my short list. Besides, only one place in Tampa Florida, in addition the showroom looks like a factory. I get it, lower cause, but since the Tesla rep blew my timeline, everything went down hill from there.
Do you have more details? Who was your customer rep? Was there no one to talk to in the showroom?

I am not trying to be a douchebag. I am just being honest with you about purchasing Tesla. It is not the most customer-oriented experience as you already experienced it. What you experienced could be one of the many annoying things that you might experience. So take it as a joke rather than being offended by it.

PS, I also have my money in TSLA so don't feel special about it 😉
I don’t think anyone is sarcastic. The Tesla experience sucks I’m still waiting on my order and the dates whiplash and disappear. The cars are worth it despite the terrible customer service. If you can’t handle a 4 month wait, bs replies or no replies from your sales advisor, it’s good to be aware of that early rather than waiting a few months and finally giving up. It’s good you realize it.

Reactions: msee67
Do you have more details? Who was your customer rep? Was there no one to talk to in the showroom. It was in the Tampa Florida Dealership. I do not know who my sales rep was. I made the appointment via the web. No one was at the show room. After about 30 minutes I walked to the service department and asked for help, no help. They just asked me to wait in the show room for the sales rep. On a side note. When walking into their service area it looks worse than a body repair shop, very dark, cars everywhere. Again, I am not a Tesla hater, I like the car and the technologies in the different fields. But why a Tesla Dealership not ready for business on Monday Morning by 10:00 AM? Why was no one there by 10:25. Why did the service department not asked me for my name and a call back? Anyway I am done with this.

Reactions: Terminator857
Yet you are still here posting on a Tesla forum. Hmmmm

Don't worry Wolfhausen, I just sent an email to the administrator to delete my account. Your further proof this site is for Tesla Fanboys, and not for people that had questions or concerns. I believe in Tesla cars, Boring, spaceX, Solar, Batteries, Tagged my NASA, and so many other of its technologies. Just had some questions and concern. By, By.

• Disagree
Reactions: DanDi58 and Mike_TV
Don't worry Wolfhausen, I just sent an email to the administrator to delete my account. Your further proof this site is for Tesla Fanboys, and not for people that had questions or concerns. I believe in Tesla cars, Boring, spaceX, Solar, Batteries, Tagged my NASA, and so many other of its technologies. Just had some questions and concern. By, By.
You obviously haven't spend much time looking around here - there are some 'fanboys' but lots of Tesla criticism as well. Oh, and if you really 'believe in Tesla', you give them 30 minutes and then bag them forever? Riiiiiight. Buh bye.

I am definitely not a Tesla Stan, fanboi, or whatever you want to call someone drinking the Elon Koolaid. I have probably owned close to 100 cars in my lifetime and twice that in motorcycles. I have to flat out say the Tesla purchasing experience was the worst I have endured in my lifetime. A roller coaster ride doesn't even begin to describe what it was like until I finally drove our Model Y long range 7 seater home.

I was on the fence originally and wanted a MIT (Made in Texas) MY as well. I finally did as others suggested, and just jumped in with both feet. After my 2 months of ownership so far, it is an incredible vehicle. I didn't even want the MY. I wanted the Model S but we needed to tow. So the MY is sort of a consolation prize in the short term while waiting for our Model S to eventually arrive. There is nothing else in the market that currently compares with the Model Y that is remotely as good. I drove the MachE. I am a big Ford fan. Not nearly as good as the MY but it is one to watch. Ford has great engineers but Tesla has a huge lead. Nothing else is close that you can buy now. The Hyundai looks like it could be good competition at some point. The good thing about Tesla is there is a wide user base and you really know the good AND bad going in. Not lots of surprises like the Ford boys are finding out.

If you are ready to run away this quickly, a Tesla is not for you. This website has remarkably few Tesla Stans compared to lots of other sources of info. They are an incredibly large group of helpful people. Lots of great info here and it helped me navigate the purchasing and delivery process very nicely. Shame your first foray wasn't a good one with the Tesla store. Lucky that they even have a car to test drive there. Teslas are selling so well (for good reason) that Tesla can sell from an empty basket.

So if you want to make a trip to Jacksonville, glad to show you my Model Y with acceleration boost. It wasn't cheap but worth every penny I paid for it. If my MY is this good, I can't wait until the MS finally shows up!

I am definitely not a Tesla Stan, fanboi, or whatever you want to call someone drinking the Elon Koolaid. I have probably owned close to 100 cars in my lifetime and twice that in motorcycles. I have to flat out say the Tesla purchasing experience was the worst I have endured in my lifetime. A roller coaster ride doesn't even begin to describe what it was like until I finally drove our Model Y long range 7 seater home.

I was on the fence originally and wanted a MIT (Made in Texas) MY as well. I finally did as others suggested, and just jumped in with both feet. After my 2 months of ownership so far, it is an incredible vehicle. I didn't even want the MY. I wanted the Model S but we needed to tow. So the MY is sort of a consolation prize in the short term while waiting for our Model S to eventually arrive. There is nothing else in the market that currently compares with the Model Y that is remotely as good. I drove the MachE. I am a big Ford fan. Not nearly as good as the MY but it is one to watch. Ford has great engineers but Tesla has a huge lead. Nothing else is close that you can buy now. The Hyundai looks like it could be good competition at some point. The good thing about Tesla is there is a wide user base and you really know the good AND bad going in. Not lots of surprises like the Ford boys are finding out.

If you are ready to run away this quickly, a Tesla is not for you. This website has remarkably few Tesla Stans compared to lots of other sources of info. They are an incredibly large group of helpful people. Lots of great info here and it helped me navigate the purchasing and delivery process very nicely. Shame your first foray wasn't a good one with the Tesla store. Lucky that they even have a car to test drive there. Teslas are selling so well (for good reason) that Tesla can sell from an empty basket.

So if you want to make a trip to Jacksonville, glad to show you my Model Y with acceleration boost. It wasn't cheap but worth every penny I paid for it. If my MY is this good, I can't wait until the MS finally shows up!
Bought my MYLR 2021 on Jan 6,2021. My daughter bought same car July 10, 2021. My purchase was seamless, probably before supply/demand really became an issue. Daughter had two delays from the original April 21 delivery date. But we’re expected the delays and we love our Teslas!

Reactions: DanDi58
Status
Not open for further replies.