Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanting To Do A Test Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They do remote test drives in some locations. For instance they do test drives in Napa, CA while the nearest showroom is about 30 min away. They drop cars off at a resort as needed.

Assuming you would be going to Henrietta showroom? If you go to book a test drive online are there any other drop down selections for location? Website doesn’t seem to be working for me right now regarding scheduling a test drive.

They've got a Model Y with California plates parked at that supercharger... I think they'll be back to offer more test drives. They said they were from the Rochester location. I recommend calling them to see if they'll be back. Although I do believe the test drives were only about a half hour each, it'd be a good opportunity without taking the longer drive to Rochester.

Website is working for reservations now and it looks like you can select between Henrietta and 3 locations in and around Toronto. Seems like you should call Henrietta and ask about scheduling a test drive at the supercharger near you since they would likely be the ones organizing it.

Website is working for reservations now and it looks like you can select between Henrietta and 3 locations in and around Toronto. Seems like you should call Henrietta and ask about scheduling a test drive at the supercharger near you since they would likely be the ones organizing it.
I mentioned Toronto earlier in the thread. It was actually in Niagara Falls (Ontario) for a few days at the end of February. The problem is: The border is still closed for anything other than business and essential travel. The US is MILES ahead of Canada for vaccines. I suspect it will be closed until June.

They've got a Model Y with California plates parked at that supercharger... I think they'll be back to offer more test drives. They said they were from the Rochester location. I recommend calling them to see if they'll be back. Although I do believe the test drives were only about a half hour each, it'd be a good opportunity without taking the longer drive to Rochester.

Good on you for trying to help this guy out like 5 times lol.

Figured as much but Tesla shows it as an option when you select the Henrietta show room as a test drive site.

Did you call Henrietta and ask about test driving in your area?
I had to go to Rochester this weekend (COVID vaccination for a family member), so I had a chance to find the Tesla service center and check the area out. I was surprised the center was as small as it was, but learned a bit of what the area was like. I also checked the website and found that the further out you go out with scheduling a test drive, the longer time you can schedule. I’m in the process of getting financing and finances in order before scheduling the drive, because as others have said, I know after the drive I’ll want to get it as soon as possible, and I’m not prepared to do that right now. But thanks for all the advice, it helps greatly.

I disagree. I live in South Bend, IN which does not have a Tesla service center. There are several in Chicago, 1.75 hours away or Indianapolis, 2.25 hours away. I have owned the car for one year and the car has been perfect since delivery, and has not required any service. If I do require service, Tesla mobile service is available and can handle many issues (or so I have been told). I researched this issue before buying and was comfortable purchasing a Tesla. Every day I see multiple Teslas on the road in my area, so I'm not the only one who is comfortable buying without a service center locally.

I will admit, I have a teenager who has a car, and my wife has an SUV, so if my car needs to be towed to one of these "far away" locations, I have other means of transportation available (i.e. I'll confiscate my son's car). I admit I would feel differently if I were single and had no other vehicles available.

Regarding the test drive... I test drove the car while I was Indianapolis on business. This was before COVID and so I could drive the car with a Tesla rep in the passenger seat. The test drive was probably 45 minutes on Interstate highways and local roads. I do not know how they are handling test drives during COVID, I assume it varies greatly by location and state. But one word of caution... DO NOT test drive a Tesla unless you are serious about buying and have the means to make the purchase. You will become obsessed with acquiring a Tesla and afterwards, driving a gas powered car will feel like driving a tractor.
I know this has nothing to do with the subject at hand but they are rumored to be putting one near grape road in the near future!!

• Love
Reactions: danarcha