Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanting To Do A Test Drive

Mrbrock

Mar 26, 2020
Napa, CA
They do remote test drives in some locations. For instance they do test drives in Napa, CA while the nearest showroom is about 30 min away. They drop cars off at a resort as needed.

Assuming you would be going to Henrietta showroom? If you go to book a test drive online are there any other drop down selections for location? Website doesn’t seem to be working for me right now regarding scheduling a test drive.

father_of_6

Jan 24, 2021
Buffalo, NY
They've got a Model Y with California plates parked at that supercharger... I think they'll be back to offer more test drives. They said they were from the Rochester location. I recommend calling them to see if they'll be back. Although I do believe the test drives were only about a half hour each, it'd be a good opportunity without taking the longer drive to Rochester.

Mrbrock

Mar 26, 2020
Napa, CA
Website is working for reservations now and it looks like you can select between Henrietta and 3 locations in and around Toronto. Seems like you should call Henrietta and ask about scheduling a test drive at the supercharger near you since they would likely be the ones organizing it.

DMC-Orangeville

85D and John Deere 5100E
Feb 14, 2015
Orangeville ON Canada
Website is working for reservations now and it looks like you can select between Henrietta and 3 locations in and around Toronto. Seems like you should call Henrietta and ask about scheduling a test drive at the supercharger near you since they would likely be the ones organizing it.
I mentioned Toronto earlier in the thread. It was actually in Niagara Falls (Ontario) for a few days at the end of February. The problem is: The border is still closed for anything other than business and essential travel. The US is MILES ahead of Canada for vaccines. I suspect it will be closed until June.

showbbq

Jan 8, 2021
Houston
They've got a Model Y with California plates parked at that supercharger... I think they'll be back to offer more test drives. They said they were from the Rochester location. I recommend calling them to see if they'll be back. Although I do believe the test drives were only about a half hour each, it'd be a good opportunity without taking the longer drive to Rochester.

Good on you for trying to help this guy out like 5 times lol.

Karl3333

Jan 31, 2021
Buffalo, NY USA
Toronto isn’t an option. The border is closed to anything but truck shipping traffic.

Mrbrock

Mar 26, 2020
Napa, CA
Figured as much but Tesla shows it as an option when you select the Henrietta show room as a test drive site.

Did you call Henrietta and ask about test driving in your area?

Karl3333

Jan 31, 2021
Buffalo, NY USA
Figured as much but Tesla shows it as an option when you select the Henrietta show room as a test drive site.

Did you call Henrietta and ask about test driving in your area?
I had to go to Rochester this weekend (COVID vaccination for a family member), so I had a chance to find the Tesla service center and check the area out. I was surprised the center was as small as it was, but learned a bit of what the area was like. I also checked the website and found that the further out you go out with scheduling a test drive, the longer time you can schedule. I’m in the process of getting financing and finances in order before scheduling the drive, because as others have said, I know after the drive I’ll want to get it as soon as possible, and I’m not prepared to do that right now. But thanks for all the advice, it helps greatly.

Mrbrock

Mar 26, 2020
Napa, CA
But you can also test drive right now, put your $100 order fee in and delay delivery until you get finances in order as long as it is within 6 months from order date. Potentially could get you matched to a vehicle much sooner.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC