TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Wants to buy an early Model S Signature slot

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Spooz, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Spooz

Spooz Member

I have a friend in Texas who is willing to pay $5.000-10.000 for an early Model S Signature slot. Amount depending on how early the original reservation was placed. Anyone wants to trade their contract? According to the T&C the car probably have to be delivered to the original reservationholder first, then sold. This is not a problem. Please contact me if you know of someone that might be interested.

2. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

For $50k maybe, I'm up for it.....

3. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

Erm... tempting, but not enough of a premium for me. (Since I just convinced myself that the Signature interior was worth >$5K to me and the early delivery was worth >$5K.)

4. Eberhard

Eberhard #421 Model S #S32

just go to a tesla store and ask for a slot, someone changed from Model S to Model X

5. Jkam

Jkam Member

There is a wait list. How long that wait list is, I don't know, but I suspect the wait list is longer than the number of S Sig holders defecting to a Model X.

At any rate, I think it is going to take a lot more than $5k - $10k to get an early sig holder to sell their spot. The early Sig holders are probably the most fervent about the Model S so it is going to take a lot for them to give it up.

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Yes, but the sooner you are on it, the better the chances.

7. ERAS3R

ERAS3R Member

I am #684 (not really at the front but high enough for a late July early August delivery) and I would not sell my spot. I just want the car so much that it would be very difficult for me to give it up.

Just a thought about early adopters.

8. lgagliardi

lgagliardi Member

I have a late Sig reservation but I agree with Nigel - 50k - let me know if you are interested

9. strider

strider Active Member

So I'm a Roadster owner w/ a Sig reservation but I'm not confident I want a Sig. So I could add an R reservation and sell this person my Sig - would only delay my delivery by a couple months. However, we're talking $100k here and there is a TON of risk to buy a $100k car to someone else's specs if they back out, checks bounce, etc. I would want the entire cost paid to me and cleared through my bank by the time I would lock in options which is a huge risk to the buyer. Idk just doesn't feel quite right to me.

10. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Can you set up money into a escrow somehow? Not sure how this would work though or how one sets it up.

11. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

@strider - Find legal representation to make sure everything is as it needs to be. Include legal fees in the sell price calculus.