Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wards 10 best car infotainment systems / UX - would you believe..?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wards just named its 10 best car infotainment systems

I don't know what to make of this. Did they just not ask Tesla to submit? Did Tesla decline to submit? Is the judging panel 80-year-old Luddittes?? (Okay cheap shot at 80-year-olds - I know there's many of you who are tech-smart).

I mean, are you serious?!? Would somebody argue these are more intuitive and functional than Tesla 15" screen and dozens of voice commands??

I think this is Ford Escape - anyone confirm?
upload_2020-8-14_12-54-55.png

upload_2020-8-14_13-0-8.png

I feel the same way, it sucks. I bought my m3 in September 2018. I have no plans to get rid of it, I love it. The first year I spent a lot of time on these forums. Great information I really appreciate. Back then, I never found anyone who didn't say that the infotainment wasn't the best thing since sliced bread.

They didn’t even test FCA (Jeep/Fiat/Chrysler) Uconnect. which IMHO puts Chevy and Ford (and many others) to shame. You’ll see Uconnect often at the top of the list when it’s included in any comparison. They really do an excellent job.

I think despite Tesla not having CarPlay/Android Auto I still favor it over Uconnect running CarPlay or Android Auto.

It still needs work of course. Massive screen sure helps too.

I don't know who or what Wards is, but the tesla infotainment system is an abysmal collection of patched together pieces of old borrowed code, that don't coexist well and don't work as well as anything recent. With a little bit of work it could be world class; but that seems to be very low or maybe not even on their priority list.

Reactions: bpobill
They didn’t even test FCA (Jeep/Fiat/Chrysler) Uconnect. which IMHO puts Chevy and Ford (and many others) to shame. You’ll see Uconnect often at the top of the list when it’s included in any comparison. They really do an excellent job.

I think despite Tesla not having CarPlay/Android Auto I still favor it over Uconnect running CarPlay or Android Auto.

I have AirPlay on my Ford; it sucks. I'm sure that it is Ford's fault, and not Apple's. About 45% of the time, the LCD screen freezes when I plug in the iPhone. 45% of the time, it just doesn't recognize that the iPhone is plugged in. The remaining 10%, it works just fine. So I hardly ever use it. And one of the reasons I bought it instead of keeping my previous car was to get AirPlay.

I don't think I'm going to miss it in my M3.

I had a rental Jeep a couple weeks ago. It must not have had Uconnect. Whatever it has was the worst entertainment system I've used in years! I had Android Auto for the first day, then it disappeared (and I was too lazy do look up the owners manual online to figure out how to get it back). The rest of the UI was annoying and it dropped pairing with the phone constantly.