Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warming Cabin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My area doesn’t have snowfall or get extremely cold but I would love to get in and all windows be defrosted and the cabin be warm. I tried using precondition setting in the app but it seems to make the climate the same you last used so often it’s blowing the air when I get in. I know I can do this from the app 10 mins before I leave but I’m getting 4 kids ready. Is it really that hard to program the car to
1. Be ready to depart at 8
2. Windows defrosted
3. Cabin set to 80 degrees

I do not need to waste energy preconditioning the battery and that does accomplish my other goals either

There should be a button in app under the climate menu which gives you the ability to rise/lower required temperature during the cabin heating. Just like you’re doing while you drive. Otherwise it will be using your last setting that was set on the car. This is the cabin heating function, not precondition menu. At least it’s the case with me, 2016 MCU1 car…

Upvote 0
My area doesn’t have snowfall or get extremely cold but I would love to get in and all windows be defrosted and the cabin be warm. I tried using precondition setting in the app but it seems to make the climate the same you last used so often it’s blowing the air when I get in. I know I can do this from the app 10 mins before I leave but I’m getting 4 kids ready. Is it really that hard to program the car to
1. Be ready to depart at 8
2. Windows defrosted
3. Cabin set to 80 degrees

I do not need to waste energy preconditioning the battery and that does accomplish my other goals either
Preconditioning also warms or cools the battery as needed using the wall electricity instead of its own energy. This really helps the battery and range.

Upvote 0