Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warning about Taptes wireless charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered a Taptes wireless charger for my model 3 early last month, it was supposed to be delivered on March 12. It never arrived, I had the usps check into it and was told that even though it was listed in the shipping manifest, the item itself was not included.

I contacted the company and was told to wait patiently, I waited and waited, sent 2 emails sskask for updates and haven't heard back.

Ended up filing a dispute with my Amex.

Careful with this company...

Reactions: goldengate
So I ordered a Taptes wireless charger for my model 3 early last month, it was supposed to be delivered on March 12. It never arrived, I had the usps check into it and was told that even though it was listed in the shipping manifest, the item itself was not included.

I contacted the company and was told to wait patiently, I waited and waited, sent 2 emails sskask for updates and haven't heard back.

Ended up filing a dispute with my Amex.

Careful with this company...

Takes a while to ship. I got mine as have others.

Reactions: HAWX 12
I got mine. Took a really long time. About a month. Installed easy and works well, just had a wait.

I have another order with them of rim lights that was delayed until the middle of this month for a cost reduction. After getting the charger, I’m sure it will take a while, but I like them a lot so I’ll wait.

Mine sat in customs for about 10 days, but overall time was 3 weeks. The USPS comment of scanning the tracking number for a missing item sounds suspicious to me. I'm a former letter carrier with the USPS and I don't have a lot of confidence in them now.

Yes, mine also took several weeks to arrive, but that was nothing compared to the other issues I experienced:
1) My phone constantly falls off the charging pad into the center console. The size of the lip isn't very big. I think the Nomad would have been a better choice for my Note 8 with a popsocket.
2) Return policy. Not very clear on their website, but when I emailed them that I wasn't happy, they sent me this screenshot:

Catch2786.jpg

5 days from purchase? How it that possible when it takes more than 5 days to arrive? Even if they mean "5 days after delivery," that's unheard of. I needed some time to live with it to see if it worked for me...unfortunately, it did not.

Attachments

• Catch2786.jpg
    Catch2786.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Helpful
Reactions: Common_Loon
No problems here either. Great communication from the company. As product revisions were announced they always gave the option on which one I wanted and were very honest about the differences. It wasn't like ordering something from Amazon and you have it two days later, but I had no reason to complain. Good product, good price. Sounds like yours got lost in shipping.

Do you mean April 12th? Wondering how an order from early March could be delivered by March 12. It takes 10 to 20 days for non-expedited shipments from Hong Kong.
I placed the order early March, was supposed to be delivered by March 12. March 11, tacking showed this
Transit
Origin - United States
  • 2019-03-12 06:08:00 Avenel, NJ, US / TENDERED TO DELIVERY SERVICE PROVIDER
  • 2019-03-11 21:15:00 Avenel, NJ, US / ARRIVAL DESTINATION DHL ECOMMERCE FACILITY
  • 2019-03-09 03:34:00 Compton, CA, US / DEPARTURE ORIGIN DHL ECOMMERCE FACILITY
  • 2019-03-08 02:39:00 Compton, CA, US / PROCESSED
  • 2019-03-07 12:46:00 Compton, CA, US / ARRIVAL AT DHL ECOMMERCE DISTRIBUTION CENTER
  • 2019-03-06 15:35:00 EN ROUTE TO DHL ECOMMERCE
I'm a few towns from Avenel NJ.

As I said USPS investigated and told me
my item was not included in the shipment.

I have bought a bunch of things from China, and I don't always understand all the parties involved in the shipping process. For example, my shipment from Taptes was sent via 4ptx (or something like that), then there was some mention of DHL in the tracking, and then eventually USPS. It is all magic to me that these shipments actually reach us :) When something goes wrong, there is no easy way to find an accountable party because nobody in that chain takes ownership.

Anyway, sorry about your experience with Taptes. I don't think that's the normal experience with other folks on TMC who have dealt with Taptes. I have also contacted them 3-4 times for a few questions / issues and they were quite prompt with me.

• Informative
Reactions: HAWX 12