Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warning: Deep Pothole at Tejon Ranch Supercharger Exit

AshlandWalker

Mar 12, 2019
Southern Oregon
If you are traveling Northbound on California Interstate I-5 and plan to use the Tejon Ranch Tesla Supercharger, be on the lookout as soon as you begin to leave the freeway at Exit 219 B (Laval Road West). There is a deep pothole which I did not see that immediately on hitting, flattened my right rear tire. I drove slowly to the supercharger where there was another car also with a flat tire that had hit the same pothole. On closer inspection, my front right tire was also severely damaged showing a large sidewall bubble. After being transported to a tire store in Bakersfield, I was able to resume my travel to Oregon four hours later with two tires replaced. I have notified CalTrans and would encourage others who have had a similar unfortunate experience to do so. Hopefully it has been or will soon be fixed. My accident was on October 24, 2019.

ORB

Jun 22, 2012
Is there any recourse from the state for wheel or vehicle damage in cases like these?
Oliver Barrett

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC