Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warning!!!! Do not recalibrate cameras in FSD Beta [RESOLVED]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 Model 3, Dual Motor, FSD, Long Range, 99.8K miles. I just recalibrated the cameras and lost the FSD Beta capabilities, screen reverted back to AP and NOA only. I did a reboot and it is still AP and NOA only. The software still shows 2021.36.8.5 and the camera is still at top of screen to report, but it no longer shows or operates like FSD Beta. Screen only shows the standard gray and blue lines and singe blue line under NOA. Hopefully if it goes to sleep it will return tomorrow, else I'll have to wait for the next release.

You were Warned.

2018 Model 3, Dual Motor, FSD, Long Range, 99.8K miles. I just recalibrated the cameras and lost the FSD Beta capabilities, screen reverted back to AP and NOA only. I did a reboot and it is still AP and NOA only. The software still shows 2021.36.8.5 and the camera is still at top of screen to report, but it no longer shows or operates like FSD Beta. Screen only shows the standard gray and blue lines and singe blue line under NOA. Hopefully if it goes to sleep it will return tomorrow, else I'll have to wait for the next release.

You were Warned.
Lol. Click on the AP menu. You’ll see under the Beta setting that Beta needs extra camera calibrations and a percentage. Don’t sweat it. I was stuck at 99% Beta camera calibration for 20 miles.

• Helpful
Reactions: Phlier
LOL, don't panic my man. Just check the AutoPilot menu and it will clearly show you that there is more calibration needed for FSD Beta to be enabled. Can take well over 10 miles of driving to accomplish this.
Thanks, I just went into Autopilot and turned the beta back on and hit the accept. All back to normal. Operator error. Thanks for the support.

I seem to be stuck at 80% calibrating...
According to the manual, driving on well marked multi lane roads will help speed the calibration process up.

If there's an Interstate Freeway close by, you might want to go hop on it for a while. If not, find the widest (most lanes), most well marked roads you can find and drive them until the calibration is complete.

Just went through a full calibration as one of my pillar cameras got swapped. It will take about 10 to 15 miles longer for the system to calibrate for FSD. Fastest calibration was on well-marked highways. Nearly no calibration progress on city roads.

You were Warned.
Why did you do that?

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Why did you do that?
Drove my daughters 2021 Model Y on autopilot and it felt really smooth, so I figured maybe I need to recalibrate my model 3 seeing I hadn't done it since I first bought the car in 2018. It turns out it was me, I didn't go back into Autopilot and turn the beta back on. Operator error. learning lump, on a public forum. Luckily several members on this forum pointed it out to me.

Reactions: UncleCreepy
According to the manual, driving on well marked multi lane roads will help speed the calibration process up.

If there's an Interstate Freeway close by, you might want to go hop on it for a while. If not, find the widest (most lanes), most well marked roads you can find and drive them until the calibration is complete.
I'd feel better if it [80%] was changing, but it's not. It's been a few days, I've done some highway driving to try to force-feed it, but it's holding strong on 80.

I'd feel better if it [80%] was changing, but it's not. It's been a few days, I've done some highway driving to try to force-feed it, but it's holding strong on 80.

Believe it takes different situations, most of all the roads have to be well marked, it took me ~150 miles to get FSD back after recalibrating, which I must add showed no improvement after calibration was finished.