Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WARNING! Jeda USB Hub Failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jeda makes good on warranty!

On Monday, 03 Mar 2021, I received an e-mail from Isabelle at Jeda that stated the following:

We back up our products and services and want to get this resolved since it's taken so long.

I'll enter the replacement to ship to you today, and we will have a $10 store credit in our system for your for a future purchase as well.

Thank you for letting us make this right.​

On Wednesday, 03 Mar 2021, I received a replacement USB Hub via USPS. It is the newer one with the 3 USB-A ports on the front. Kudos to Jeda for making things right. And, thank you!

Jeda USB Hub Replacement.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: akenham and DDotJ
It's kinda funny that Jeda keeps saying that Taptes copies their products and such. Sure, copying is wrong, but when the copy makes a better product than the original... then something is off there.

But we haven't really seen the long term reliability of Taptes USB hubs, so we will see how that goes for them.
My Taptes USB hub failed at about the 1-year mark. I haven't opened it up to look for evidence of short-circuiting yet, but I do recall one time smelling "fried" electronics.

For what it's worth, my Taptes hub seemed to be failing after about 2 years. Constant USB device malfunction errors. Once removed I haven't had a USB error since. My Taptes charging pad was working fairly well, but the non-slip material was starting to get worn and glossy in places. I tried one of newer Taptes charging pads that allows horizontal positioning as well and it wouldn't even charge my phone in any orientation or manually holding the phone in various positions (I also tried it outside the car on a wall connected USB power supply - no luck). Thinking it was defective I requested a replacement, but it had the exact same issues so I returned both units. Phone is a Pixel 4 XL.

Sorry for simpleton question...what are ya'll using these for? Is it for cars before Tesla included USB or something else. thx...
My 2020 model 3 only has 2 USB drives and no wireless charger. Installing a wireless phone charger takes 2 USBs leaving none for the sentry mode/dashcam USB drive. That's why I have a hub. It's not an issue with the newer cars that have built in wireless charging and the dashcam drive in the glove box.

• Informative
Reactions: BMWM3Man