Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warning light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Timothy

Driving on Sunshine
May 4, 2011
This has been a bad week for my cars.

First I pulled the emergency brake on my 55 Chevy and the handle came off in my hand.

Then my 71 Alfa Romeo had a puddle of oil under it (yeah, yeah--bigger than usual) and when I opened the hood there was oil everywhere.

Then I went to start my wifes Jaguar--it turned over and wouldn't catch. Had AAA come tow it to the shop.

But my Roadster. Never anything wrong with it since I have owned it. So I drove it to work this week and a warning light I had never seen before went on. S**t! Now what? I had enough troubles with cars this week and didn't need this one to give me troubles! But, the light wasn't red, the car drove fine and it got me to work (3 miles.) And no light at all when I came home.

So RTFM, right? I looked it up in the manual. Turns out the poor baby had never been cold before--it was the lamp telling me that it was below 37 degrees and I had never seen it in the two winters I have owned the car!

Whew!

There's a "no-regen" light??????

Yep - just above the needle in this graphic from the owner's manual (the X is aligned properly in the real world):

noregen.jpg