Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warning message to use 32GB or bigger USB drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had been using 16GB USB for dashcam since dashcam came out. Since the last software update, I got this little triangle warning on top and when press on it, it gave me that message about using 32GB or bigger USB drive. Is there anyway to get rid of the warning? I don't need 32GB drive!

I had been using 16GB USB for dashcam since dashcam came out. Since the last software update, I got this little triangle warning on top and when press on it, it gave me that message about using 32GB or bigger USB drive. Is there anyway to get rid of the warning? I don't need 32GB drive!

well, the obvious way to get rid of the alarm, would be to get a bigger drive. I used to run with a 32 and quickly became annoyed because it would fill up in 2 - 3 weeks and just stop. Back then you could not format it in the car. I replaced it with a 256 GB SSD, and all is well, including partitioning off a portion for media.

well, the obvious way to get rid of the alarm, would be to get a bigger drive. I used to run with a 32 and quickly became annoyed because it would fill up in 2 - 3 weeks and just stop. Back then you could not format it in the car. I replaced it with a 256 GB SSD, and all is well, including partitioning off a portion for media.

It doesn't stop any more. The new software (over a year or more) will replace old saved clips if the drive is full. I don't have to deleted clips even with the 16GB drive. Not sure why it wants 32GB now unless they are planning to increase the size of the 1 hour buffer in the future.