Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warning on MX60D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gang — apparently not all X60Ds are eligible for uncorking after the battery upgrade. I have been trying to resist but thought about upgrading and emailed support. This is their response after three exchanges:

I have checked your vehicle information in our system again. There is currently no indication in our system that your vehicle is eligible for the performance upgrade at this time. The upgrade involves a number of software and hardware factors working together, so what applies to another Model X might not apply to your individual vehicle. We are constantly working to improve all of our vehicles, however, so do keep an eye out for future updates that may apply to your car.

Gang — apparently not all X60Ds are eligible for uncorking after the battery upgrade. I have been trying to resist but thought about upgrading and emailed support. This is their response after three exchanges:

I have checked your vehicle information in our system again. There is currently no indication in our system that your vehicle is eligible for the performance upgrade at this time. The upgrade involves a number of software and hardware factors working together, so what applies to another Model X might not apply to your individual vehicle. We are constantly working to improve all of our vehicles, however, so do keep an eye out for future updates that may apply to your car.

When was yours built? I was told the same too when it was a X60D, because none of the X60Ds are eligible for uncorking. Then was told at tech that an upgrade to a X75D would make it eligible - I decided to give it a try and it did make it eligible. There's several others in various threads that experienced similar things. The only cars that seem to have a hardware limitation so far are on S's where they overlapped with the 70Ds and may not have had the 90D batteries.

We do! Now granted, we leave range mode on...

That is phenomenal. What's your wh/mi??

@Yinn Mine was built in Nov 2016, delivered Dec 2017. I too think their response to me is odd. I have followed every forum post on the topic and have not discovered any MX60D that were not eligible for the performance upgrade after purchasing the range upgrade. I'm going to escalate this concern to the "exec team"

Wow that was fast. Thought you would be curious @Yinn within a couple of hours of me contacting the exec escalation line at Tesla I received this response:

Thank you for reaching out to us here at Tesla. I apologize for any miscommunication, but I looked into your vehicle and if the upgrade to a 75 battery is completed you would be eligible for the performance upgrade. Once the battery has been upgraded your local service center would be able to complete the performance upgrade during your next service visit.

Hope the above is helpful from others. I guess I had to ask 4 times!

I have read here somewhere even a AP1 Model X got uncorked?

I was a 60D ->75D -> Uncorked owner. Took delivery Dec 2016.

That is correct. The person who bought my old AP1 (which was a 60->75D Upgrade) got uncorked, and I spoke to several others who were also uncorked. I've seen VINs as low as 8xxx uncorked so far. I have yet to see a MX 60 or 75 that isn't truly eligible, but I have seen S's that weren't. All the S's that weren't (that I know of) were on a different hardware and didn't use the 90D battery.

Reactions: MXWing
That is correct. The person who bought my old AP1 (which was a 60->75D Upgrade) got uncorked, and I spoke to several others who were also uncorked. I've seen VINs as low as 8xxx uncorked so far. I have yet to see a MX 60 or 75 that isn't truly eligible, but I have seen S's that weren't. All the S's that weren't (that I know of) were on a different hardware and didn't use the 90D battery.

This is as authoritative as it gets on the subject!

I just had my new 2017 X 75D ECU replaced by a ranger. When the new screen was in diagnostic mode, the car type showed as X 90D.

There was a rumor here that late 2017 Model Xs were shopping with larger batteries. That would be great. Mine was built in Nov 2017.

• Funny
Reactions: Tech_Guy
I just had my new 2017 X 75D ECU replaced by a ranger. When the new screen was in diagnostic mode, the car type showed as X 90D.

There was a rumor here that late 2017 Model Xs were shopping with larger batteries. That would be great. Mine was built in Nov 2017.
Just crawl under the passenger side of the car behind the front wheel and look at the sticker on the battery. What does it say?

Reactions: Tech_Guy