Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WARNING: Scammers on this forum! Beware!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please note that there are many scammers on this forum posing as sellers. They are using "catchy" full names.

1) You get an email that someone messaged you on TMC. You click the link but the conversation doesn't exist.

2) For whatever you reason, you decide to email them and they tell you they have the item you want.

3) You ask them for pictures and they steal and show you pictures off of eBay of the product.

4) Finally, they ask that you send them Paypal payment via "Friends and Family" option.

5) The name they use on the forum is not the person you are going to email. Then the email they are asking you to send Paypal money to is another different email and name.

Watch out! Those are the warning signs above!

scam1.PNG

scam2.PNG

• Informative
Reactions: DSolie
Please note that there are many scammers on this forum posing as sellers. They are using "catchy" full names.

1) You get an email that someone messaged you on TMC. You click the link but the conversation doesn't exist.

2) For whatever you reason, you decide to email them and they tell you they have the item you want.

3) You ask them for pictures and they steal and show you pictures off of eBay of the product.

4) Finally, they ask that you send them Paypal payment via "Friends and Family" option.

5) The name they use on the forum is not the person you are going to email. Then the email they are asking you to send Paypal money to is another different email and name.

Watch out! Those are the warning signs above!

View attachment 618678
View attachment 618679
This person tried to scam me as well today and yesterday with a sweet $2500 powerwall, come on. After the friends and family BS I told him I’ll only pay him in iTunes gift cards and Bitcoin. Off course he wants my Bitcoin!

• Funny
Reactions: DFW_MVP